What options for my head (pics attached)

I'm based in the UK and have been considering a hair transplant for a number of years. I got my hair cut today after months and have decided that a transplant is absolutely necessary.

I've done quite a bit reading on various forums in the past and have concluded that going abroad for a transplant is the way forward, preferrably Dr Bisanga of Belgium.

Based on my photos, what can I really acheive and what's the best way forward. Is it too late do you think judging by the pictures?

I've previously been on Propecia / finesteride for a few years but it didn't make a difference

IMG_1759.JPG.e2a90e01185dc44ac0919064075694b4.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG.acd3089c2a41e690ea544cf5ae890253.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG.cbf75870d5f2ce95bb7507ba348f124d.JPG

IMG_1763.JPG.8faca98f1770038c1a282f34b84c5d6d.JPG

Edited by Magpie2121

Hi Magpie, this community is a great resource for help with your MPB problem. I don't want to sugar coat your situation but, it looks as though over the next 10 years you'll likely to lose more hair in your crown and sides/laterals.

Whichever doc you eventually choose be sure to have them take into account that you will be losing more hair, however that being said, I'm sure that with the right approach and probably a couple of procedures you'll end up with a significant cosmetic improvement.

I'm guessing around 3000 plus grafts to address your hairline and midscalp to frame your face and a further 3000ish to address your crown and laterals a year or so later.

I think Dr Bisanga is highly recommended here so you'll be in excellent hands, good luck!!

Thanks for your reply.

From looking at my photos, what norwood scale would you class me as?

I'd say NW5 and a bit.

What you could do all comes down to the donor.

1)If your scalp is very flexible and the donor hair is really thick caliber with lots of 2 and 3 hair grafts, you could go for broke at H&W with a megasession. You would of course have to accept that shaving beyond a grade 3 is unlikely to be an option.

2)Accept less coverage (or thinner over a bigger area), take 3000-4000 FUE to get a hairline back.

3)Shave everything and try SMP.

Dr Bisanga would be a good start - only a 2hr Eurostar journey from London and maybe combine with a visit to a couple of other Belgium Drs.

Farjo (conservative) and Lorenzo would be great but expensive!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day