Poll for Men Who Have Tried Finasteride But It Lost Its Effectiveness

Spanker

How many years did it take to drop below your baseline?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is for men who have taken fin or are still taking fin, but it did not work for you or you have dropped below your baseline. If you stopped because of sides, please do not vote.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I took it for around 10 or 11 years I think. I stopped maybe 2 or 3 years ago because it was no longer working and my hair was continuing to thin. I decided to stop and let my body hair grow in order to do a body hair transplant. So far my body hair growth has improved since then.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I've been taking Finasteride for 10 years.(started in 2003 at the age of 23) it never completely stopped my hairless at any point,and I've been gradually losing hair all these years.but I guess it reduced/slowed down my hairless.so I'd say there was no change in it's effectiveness.also I had zero side effects.