1 year - Dr. Feller (no photos)

Due to no pics I decided not to post this in the official results forum as it states photos in the text underneath the heading.

So yes, I'm now 1 year and 4 days post op from my surgery with Dr. Feller. I have detailed write ups on here if you are interested........but to cut a long story short I travelled from UK to New York last July for 2000 grafts into my terribly receded hairline. I'd been in contact with Spex since Jan 2012, in May 2012 I was lucky that Dr. Feller and Spex were doing consultations in London so I met with them. The consultation was fantastic and I recommend doing it face to face with the doctor for anyone, it was so helpful and reassuring.

So, my results. I'd say my result is 9/10 to maybe even 9.5. I'm absolutely delighted and even within the last week have noticed the new hair getting thicker and more mature. The waveyness is straightening out and it's just awesome. Maybe by the full 18th month point I'll be able to say I have a 10/10 result.

If the meds can keep the rest of my hair in place then I really am "good to go", as they say. I had a lot of anxiety about whether I'd one day regret the procedure but as of 1 year and 4 days I have no regrets and I'm delighted. I've come so far and I'm very happy.

It's amazing how a conservative hairline really "puffs out" and gives you that "full head of hair" look. When it's back off my face it looks slightly receded which is good for naturalness, but when it's brushed down I look like I'm a handsome young man again LOL.

I wish I could show you photos but I'm not willing to "come out" but maybe one day at a hair meet or something I'll carry my pre-op photos and you can see how far I've come.

Thanks to Dr. Feller and to Spex for the numerous emails. I remember saying how I wanted to go to sleep and wake up in a year.......it's nice to be out of the other side of this long road now and having a great hairline again.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I wish I could show you photos but I'm not willing to "come out" .

I can understand not wanting to "come out", I wouldn't post pics with my face, but why not just show pics with everything cropped out except your hair?

Regardless, I'm glad to see you're happy, that's what it's all about!

Thanks everyone :) really appreciate the kind words! Feels awesome to be one of the fully grown out results, I dreamt of this day haha

greatjob if you knew me and saw me then you'd understand, anyone who knows me could pick me a mile out even without a face!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

• 1 month later...

Tacolino I can't really say to be honest, it's just been a gradual improvement...though thinking about it actually around the one year mark it really did feel like genuine hair that fell "right" if you get me.

Thank you so much Spex! Yes I actually invested in a camera this week so I will be able to email you some photos (face not included of course haha)