Topical Minoxidil and Sweating

Rootz

Anyone else have a problem using topical minoxidil and then when working out having to deal with sweat + minoxidil getting in your mouth? I regularly do high intensity cardio and it's impossible to keep sweat out of my mouth... every drip tastes awful, in fact I can still taste the minoxidil from a work out 4 hours ago. It's not only gross but I'm concerned about negative side effects from swallowing some. Any tips? Am I applying too much? Do I need to shower before working out every time to stop this?

Note: sweat bands help but do not solve the problem completely. Every sweat band I've tried will as some point during a hard workout stop absorbing or blocking the sweat, and then I'm back to square one.

Rootz,

I'm very surprised to learn that hours after applying minoxidil it would still have such a strong presence in your sweat. Have you tried just rinsing your head prior to working out?

Is this foam or liquid?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I'm supposed to apply it twice a day though, if I applied it after working out when would the second time be? Also, based on how potent it is in my sweat 12-15 hours after applying it, I'm pretty sure it would still be present if I only applied it once per day 24 hours before working out.

• 2 weeks later...