People who knew/didn't know you before HT

Everyone I've told knew me prior to the HT; all were pretty much supportive, but skeptical. Ideally, I'd be fairly open to telling most anyone - but I'm not. If a friend was ever going through a similar problem -- not even necessarily hair -- I'd prolly let it out, though, if I felt it'd help him/her out...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hah, It's a good thread! This section doesn't get too much action, and there also prolly aren't that many people who could answer it in full. Wouldn't surprise me if it gets some meaty attention at some pt., tho! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 2 weeks later...

i was at the dentists yesterday for the first time since i had my ht 6 months ago and i hadn't bothered to get a haircut yet so the ht hair at the front is shorter/thiner then the rest of my long main of hair. I had thought about a canceling the appointment or getting a haircut before hand to disguise it but I thought I don't care and i suppose he's obviously a relatively intelligent professional. Might have had one him self. But yeah took off my coat and hat and sat in his chair i could feel him glance at my hair for a moment. Also my mother who I haven't told, she originally just kept saying you got new hair sprouting etc. But I'm still wearing a hat most of the time, I'll get a haircut next week i think and give my good friend the hat a break

I only told two people---my friend who went with me and my barber. When all is said and done, my friend will be very supportive. She will say it looks good, having a less critical eye. My barber, on the other hand, will be brutally honest. I had quite of bit of red when I went back to work after three weeks so I figured most thought something was going on, but probably did not know specifically what. As time passes and if the result ends up completely natural and maybe since I took a more conservative approach, I am thinking/hoping, like Biscuit indicated, people will forget quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

As a 3 timer , it feels like I was another person back then. This is due to the following factors

1- I don't worry & think about my hair all the time

2- it doesnt take me over 45 minutes to do my hair with concealer etc.

3 - I get COMPLEMENTS on my hair

4 - I feel much more confident

With this being said, i never forgor where I came from!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've told a number of people that I work with. Its been too hard to disguise.

I had a meeting with my team for work. We were outside in the parking lot and I had told my buddy that I work with about it a few days ago.

He says, "Can I tell Matt (who is our boss) what you told me the other day?"

I said, "Oh, yeah, Matt I got a hairtransplant!"

My co-worker, "starts laughing and says, no not that, I was talking about that email you sent me."

I said, "Oh so you're saying I didn't have to tell him?"

Anyway, nobody has cared. Most of the guys with minor loss have asked lots of questions and have said that they will need one soon too.

The girl at Starbucks keeps asking why I'm still wearing a hat (I told her it was because I got a bad haircut originally). Now its almost 3 months later and I am getting annoyed that she keeps asking. I don't want to tell everyone in Starbucks.

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...
He says, "Can I tell Matt (who is our boss) what you told me the other day?"

I said, "Oh, yeah, Matt I got a hairtransplant!"

My co-worker, "starts laughing and says, no not that, I was talking about that email you sent me."

That is too funny!!

I wonder if sometimes we are not so obsessed that we lose sight of the possibility that nobody really cares that much.

Also, it is *completley* true that people quickly forget what you used to look like. The same thing applies to weight loss, for example. You can show people a picture of what you used to look like when you were heavier, and even though they KNEW you at that time, they will still be shocked.

Stimpy

Oddly enough people sound like they do in the commericals

" did you lose weight"?

"You look different but I don't know why"?

" I Like your haircut".

They never suspected anything but some did comment on the fact i never wore my hair long before.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!