Dr Maras- HDC Hair Transplant Clinic - 679 grafts Beard Hair to Strip Scar

Hello Everybody,

This is a case of a patient who wanted to disguise his Strip scar that was created in another clinic. Dr Maras and HDC’s medical team suggested the use of beard hair only to disguise the scar in order to leave untouched the rest of his scalp donor for further sessions. The patient is due to return back for more FUE work on top after the summer.

The photos below show the scar and donor before, immediately after and 4 days post op to show the healing. I will update the post with the result soon.

Regards

Alex

BEFORE

1-Before_zpsab59b487.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER RECIPIENT AREA

2-Post-op_zpscad69c60.jpg

3-Post-op_zpsb77a6f95.jpg

4-Post-op_zpsc6ddbc6b.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER DONOR AREA

5-Post-opdonor_zps59814787.jpg

6-Post-opdonor_zpsdad899d1.jpg

7-Post-opdonor_zpsce4cb5b9.jpg

4 DAYS POST OP DONOR AREA

8-4daysafter_zpsdf66d501.jpg

9-4daysafter_zps859c66ba.jpg

10-4daysafter_zpsf8f71643.jpg

4 DAYS POST RECIPIENT AREA

11-4daysafterrecipient_zpsad94505d.jpg

12-4daysafterrecipient_zpsf699d67f.jpg

13-4daysafterrecipient_zpsf306f9c5.jpg

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Looking forward to the result. Does Dr Maras believe in a light density over two sessions or a dense procedure in one? Which would have better yield?

Looking forward to the result. Does Dr Maras believe in a light density over two sessions or a dense procedure in one? Which would have better yield?

Good question. It's always fascinating to see how clinics differ in their approach to this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this case would appear to be the latter of the two?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

This patient had a failed strip hair transplant. I pitty for him. Almost nothing had grown. I wonder who was his bad surgeon.

Nice Job Dr. Maras, you inspire us with Body hair into scar. Never seen a doctor that posts FUE scar revision in the community more than Maras does. Alex please update us as we need to see how successful the yield is?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Good question. It's always fascinating to see how clinics differ in their approach to this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this case would appear to be the latter of the two?

Hard to say but the patient's donor looks like a low density so it would actually require fewer grafts for the scar area to match the rest. I have higher density so will probably need 2 sessions. I'm stipulating a low density procedure because I don't want to waste grafts. Beard hair is actually 3 times thicker than scalp hair! I'm opting for scalp hair though.

Hi Mickey85,

This is a very good question but Dr Maras says that there is not a text book answer that can apply.

Every patient case is different and the approach depends on several factors like hair characteristics surrounding the scar compare to beard hair characteristics like texture, thickness etc.

In the case where the patient has available scalp hair as well for example it might be better to mix both scalp and beard however I point out again that each case is different and the approach varies.

In patient repair cases or disguising Strip scars we collect all the factors involved among the patients goal and plan the procedure accordingly. The density to be used again depends on various factors however Dr Maras is in a favor of completing the scar disguise over a single session if possible so that the patient does not need to go through the inconvenience(flying, shaving donor, redness, days off work etc) of a second procedure.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

The patient is back to Cyprus for his FUE procedure in order to restore his frontal third. Below you can see the progress of his initial FUE procedure with HDC that took place 4 months ago with the aim to disguise his old Strip scar with 679 beard grafts.

Warmest Regards

Alex

After4monthsback_zps14c18fea.jpg

After4monthsleft_zpsa1ccada6.jpg

after4monthsright_zps87e730da.jpg

Alex Demetriades

Super!!! I feel so inspired, I just placed 700 chest grafts at Dr. Hakan's AHD clinic into my strip scar which is very similar to this patient. I'm saving my beard hair along with my remaining scalp donor 3500 grafts for the future (mid scalp and crown). Fingers crossed :-)

20130822_152730.jpg.bfe97c389db56bf5ee8e84af20ff9a06.jpg

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

alex can youplease post close up clean shaven portion of part of beard from wherehdc extracted beard hair. please if you can post clean shaven pic I will appreciate and by the way very good job on covering strip scar

Hi fueonly,

I only have these photos below of this patient at the moment which he is not shaved however you can follow this link http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171092-dr-maras-hdc-hair-transplant-clinic-2050-grafts-beard-healing-donor.html= which shows the patient shaved shortly after the procedure.

Regards

Alex

P1040103_zps692ed1e9.jpg

Alex Demetriades

I have requested clean shaven pic and very close view. please make sure you take close up of clean crystal clean shaven pic. I am waiting on more pic and more results for beard to scalp and clean shaven healed beard part after fue

I have requested clean shaven pic and very close view. please make sure you take close up of clean crystal clean shaven pic. I am waiting on more pic and more results for beard to scalp and clean shaven healed beard part after fue

Hi fueonly,

If you follow the patient cases result photos that we have been posting consistently lately at this forum and all the other English, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Greek, Hebrew, speaking for years you will realize that we are not try cheating or manipulating photos or avoiding posting photos that we have. On the contrast you will come across a lot of patient cases that post their experience, progress and final result by themselves.

As i have already explained in other posts most of our patients travel to Cyprus for their hair restoration therefore as HDC we depend on the photos the patient sends us in order to update the forum posts. In this particular case the patient is in Cyprus at the moment and i can only ask him to shave in order to get the photos however i repeat i cannot force him if he does not want to.

This patient is currently undergoing only scalp FUE treatment and the plan is for him eventually to extract more beard hair for further coverage therefore either in a couple of days or later on we will be having his photos shaved for yours and the rest of the forum members disposal.

I promise that i will be presenting similar cases once arise and the patient allows his photos for public viewing.

Warmest Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Aren't you the same guy that was pestering Dr. Umar for close up pics of a patient's(who was from Australia) mandible? And then requested further angles? Geez man, understand that it is not always easy for a surgeon to ask a patient who lives across the world "Oh yeh, this anonymous individual wants pictures at a 90 degree angle, unshaven, taken outside on a sunny day".

mickey umar clinic said when he comes back they will post. mickey why dont you go and check umar cases here on forum and see if he has posted clean shaven pic of patients after beard to scalp fue on patients. you will see most of them with stubble.mickey if i have concern i am asking hdc clinic and trust me any doctor who post beard to scalp fue pic .i am curious to see how it looks clean shaven. i am glad that ht network is such a good netowrk and medium where one can ask questions if he has any doubts. i am requesting hdc clinic to post clean shaven pic and regarding umar clinic i am waiting for dr umar to post new case of beard to scalp.when he will post if he does not post clean shaven i will request his clinic again.

Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the delay to this post but I was away to Tel Aviv for consultations. Now that I am back I want to clear things out.

Firstly this patient that had the beard FUE on the scar did not accept to shave his beard for photos as that is the way he likes it to be. Secondly the link that shows the beard donor at three and six days unshaven and on the sixth shaven as well is as follows: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171092-dr-maras-hdc-hair-transplant-clinic-2050-grafts-beard-healing-donor.html

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

• 8 months later...

Hi Everybody,

Below is a small video we have prepared of this scar disguise with the before, immediately after and result photos.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades