Question about Dr Bhatti ..FUE and other stuff

Hello Guys,

I have been reading this forum for quite some time..took part in some discussions also some time ago and had been busy lately so didn't think about my hairs that much..well I have to visit India in dec and was thinking of now getting my HT done ..I have been reading here good stuff about Dr Bhatti and saw his work and really liked it ..and just got his dates schedule and so am about to make a deposit ...and so wanted to hear from the seniors here what they think about Dr Bhatti so far ..

Also I am planning to fly back to US the day after my surgery ..is that a good idea or there can be issues with this.

Is there any kind of bleeding or anything afterwards that I need to be worried about .

Also opinion about FUT or FUE in my case which is best .

IMAG0473.jpg.71774b3616c58fe34697540729387447.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg.d8a561626f636c04c5544f038e73c66b.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg.2e0d6a36cc0f5d76fda4ebf5469d1b33.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg.e2b593196a4e31474a00aa04c880b32c.jpg

IMAG0502_1.jpg.eb90b863cce1582c8838da0f95c03629.jpg

Hello Guys,

I have been reading this forum for quite some time..took part in some discussions also some time ago and had been busy lately so didn't think about my hairs that much..well I have to visit India in dec and was thinking of now getting my HT done ..I have been reading here good stuff about Dr Bhatti and saw his work and really liked it ..and just got his dates schedule and so am about to make a deposit ...and so wanted to hear from the seniors here what they think about Dr Bhatti so far ..

Also I am planning to fly back to US the day after my surgery ..is that a good idea or there can be issues with this.

Is there any kind of bleeding or anything afterwards that I need to be worried about .

Also opinion about FUT or FUE in my case which is best .

From my experience, there is no post op bleeding but Dr. Bhatti does prescribe saline spray on the planted areas every 20 minutes for a few days post op. Flying to US the day after the surgery might be a little tight but I do know a few folks that flew back to US from India the day after the surgery. I made it a point to stay in Chandigarh for a few days post op so as to follow the post op instructions and also to avoid wearing a hat (which you might end up doing in the plane).

I am less than 2 weeks post op and my experience with Dr. Bhatti and his clinic has been positive so far. Obviously, don't have the results to show yet.

Good luck.

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey California ..So how was your experience with him..how many grafts did you get and did you feel any pain or anything afterwards .. What made you choose him ..and if you don't mind can you tell me in which Hotel did you stay and did the clinic manage all your travel and lodging stuff in india.

Yeah that's what I was thinking that flying back the next day would be kind of hard ..so do you need to take a lot of medications or like you said apply saline every 20 mins ..I mean that's kind of hard to do while your travelling and that 2 such a long distance...also did you shave your head .

Yeah that's what I was thinking that flying back the next day would be kind of hard ..so do you need to take a lot of medications or like you said apply saline every 20 mins ..I mean that's kind of hard to do while your travelling and that 2 such a long distance...also did you shave your head .

Below is the thread with some of my details.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171398-2373-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-chandigarh-new-post.html

The clinic did make the hotel reservations for me. I stayed at Hotel Oyster. Pretty decent hotel. Clean, good size room, LCD, free wifi, good food.

The doctors office does give you several medications to take a few times a day. Those should be easy to manage on the flight. They call you for a dressing on the donor area the day after the surgery. In my case, the bandages came off on the third day. So there is a good chance that you might have to get on the flight with the bandages on the donor area. Not trying to scare you but just laying out some facts for you so that you are better prepared. At Chandigarh airport, the security guys asked me to remove my hat. Had to do the same at other airports in between also. And yes, Dr. Bhatti did shave my head.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks man...I am now looking to stay in chandigarh for atleast 3 days so I have ample time to heal and just in case I need the doc..So when did you start going to work ..does it looks really bad with the scabs or people don't notice it that much..what's your experience in this..also if you don't mind telling me which package u took ..the only main difference I see between the premium and standard is that of this.. New imported Harris punch used ...do you or anybody else knows what's the difference between this and Harris punch ...also does he do just one procedure per day or more.

Sorry if I am bugging you with 2 many questions but I am just about to book the procedure date and just want to be sure I am doing the right thing.

Thanks man...I am now looking to stay in chandigarh for atleast 3 days so I have ample time to heal and just in case I need the doc..So when did you start going to work ..does it looks really bad with the scabs or people don't notice it that much..what's your experience in this..also if you don't mind telling me which package u took ..the only main difference I see between the premium and standard is that of this.. New imported Harris punch used ...do you or anybody else knows what's the difference between this and Harris punch ...also does he do just one procedure per day or more.

Sorry if I am bugging you with 2 many questions but I am just about to book the procedure date and just want to be sure I am doing the right thing.

You are welcome. 3 days in Chandigarh sounds good.

As far as the post op appearance is concerned, the HT procedure is pretty obvious. Most people wear a hat for some time until the crusts fall off. This can take upto several weeks. In my case, I work from home and hence don't have to deal with the "people noticing me" issue. When I socialize, I wear a hat (today, at a dinner party, I had some folks ask me why I was wearing a hat. I told them that I had shaved my head).

I went for the premium package. With the dollar doing well against the Indian Rupee, it is even cheaper. Rs 70 per graft is like $1.17 per graft, for the premium package.

From what I understand Dr. Bhatti performs two procedures a day. He is pretty busy with 90% of his patients coming from abroad.

Thanks

The only thing I am worried about is that I have not seen a patient in this forum who has a complete album from the start to finish ..so that I can see clearly the outcome ..I really do not want to just jump directly in a HT procedure..to be honest I am really scared about if anything bad happens ..just on the verge of booking a date and so quite nervous right now...although I have read all positive reviews about him but as they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

The only thing I am worried about is that I have not seen a patient in this forum who has a complete album from the start to finish ..so that I can see clearly the outcome ..I really do not want to just jump directly in a HT procedure..to be honest I am really scared about if anything bad happens ..just on the verge of booking a date and so quite nervous right now...although I have read all positive reviews about him but as they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

I suggest you check out the HT progress reports of MJ0101, GaelicDawn, Midnightio75,Johnny24 and David923. That is what I had done before I went for my HT with Dr. Bhatti. I also communicated with all these forum members via PM and they were gracious enough to share their HT experiences with Dr. Bhatti with me.

Thanks

I definitely don't recommend flying back so soon after your procedure. I would wait a few days at the very least. I flew back just a few days after my transplant, and wish I would have waited.....as I boarded the plane with swelling like crazy!! =) Hahaha. I had strip though.....so if you're having FUE....you might be a little better off flying sooner!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

So agenteye now since u had strip what do you think about that as compared to FUE..would you prefer one over the other..what made you choose FUT ..I see you got 4737 grafts so was that the reason.I am just scared of the scar and any future pain or anything weird.

California I am contact these guys ..Thanks..the thing I was saying was I have seen these guys results but none of them have a end to end process complete like a 12 month cycle so it's hard to get an idea of the final results.

So agenteye now since u had strip what do you think about that as compared to FUE..would you prefer one over the other..what made you choose FUT ..I see you got 4737 grafts so was that the reason.I am just scared of the scar and any future pain or anything weird.

Hi there!

To answer your question......you are correct in assuming that the strip was the best option for a procedure my size. I wanted to maximize the amount of grafts I got.....and I feel as if strip is still the gold standard for successful graft growth in surgeries my size. I am of course seeing LOTS of amazing FUE results recently....and all fairly large procedures.....but I couldn't really justify the cost. I think wearing my hair a bit longer suits me better anyway, and my scar is healing so well, you can barely see it....even at shorter lengths!! I know I made the right decision for me, and frankly.....FUSS isn't that bad in terms of recovery. If you can afford FUE or like to wear your hair shorter...you might consider sticking with that plan.......but again, don't rule out FUSS entirely if you think it may produce a better option for you in the long run?!

Hope that helps!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.