Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. Authors HT Chapter in Premier Plastic Surgery Reference

Billena

Dr. Carlos K. Wesley, served as the primary author on Hair Transplantation in the 7th Edition of the http://www.amazon.com/Smiths-Plastic-Surgery-PLASTIC-SURGERY/dp/1451109555/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top textbook. The release date has been announced: September 9, 2013.

This textbook enjoys a rich history in Plastic Surgery and is the only remaining single-volume text that attempts to cover the entire field in a comprehensive manner. Despite the availability of competing content on the internet, this text has long been considered the premier reference for plastic surgery residents and practitioners.

Dr. Wesley approached it with the following in mind: What does a plastic surgery resident or young plastic surgeon need to know about hair restoration in order to: 1.take a written exam; 2. appreciate the commitment that good hair restoration requires; 3. be able to refer patients appropriately and; 4. be generally well-educated?

The comprehensive hair transplantation chapter covers all aspects of the procedure: preoperative planning, anesthesia, donor harvest and closure, recipient site planning and execution, eyebrow transplantation, donor scar revisions, camouflaging scars from facelifts and brow lifts, correction of "pluggy" transplants, and the future of innovations in surgical hair restoration.

GrabbSmithCover.jpg

--

Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.

710 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10021

www.drcarloswesley.com

Congratulations, Dr. Wesley! I'd love to read the chapter!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

dr Wesley I have a question if any doctor does beard to scalp transplantation in US and leaves white very visible scars and before surgery tells patient it will be invisible. What can patient do can he complain to medical board or what is the line of action for this process. If doctor is from Nigeria and he got licensed in us and has been experimenting with patients from last 6 years with BHT but none of the patients have came forward

because of being misinformed.

Your post are very informative and I think you can throw some light on this process.

FUE,

You may want to create a new thread to ask this question. I'm not sure you'll receive much input on this thread.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Looking forward to the Pioneering FUE :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, chrisdav and Future_HT_Doc. The chapter's in print as of last week!

fueonly: It's unfortunate that you were not made aware of the likelihood of hypo-pigmentation and punctate scarring prior to you FUE session. "Invisible" is a term akin to "always" and "never" that does not have much of a place in medicine based on the methods used today. Perhaps the best thing that you can do to make other patient's aware of your experience is to describe it and post images of your recovery after the process (on that separate forum that Future suggested) so that other patients with your skin type may have a more accurate idea as to what to expect.

Regarding medical boards: the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) is the certifying body specific to our field.