Need Help! Tired from Propecia !

silverstreak

Hi, I had a hair transplant a few weeks ago. Trying to keep what I had before it so re-started taking propeica every 3rd day for the last two weeks. I read a study that said taking it every 3rd day is almost as effective as every day. I've also been taking saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil, and omega twin with GLA's to pick up the slack. But two days ago, I suddenly noticed that my energy level has CRASHED!!! My body hardly wants to move. I've read online this can be a side effect of propecia. Any thoughts from people with a similar experience? Any recommendations? Should I drop the propecia OR the natural supplements. I want to keep my hair but not at the expense of being a zombie!!!:confused:

Edited by silverstreak

I think propecia works best for the crown area.

Not so much for the front or hairline.

I had a HT and I believe propecia actually thinned out my front from hormonal imbalance.

I stopped taking it and overall my hair is better now. I feel less tired and more motivated.

I have never had issue with my crown or vertex so I have not seen any thinning there after stopping.

Everyone is different though, best to consult with your doctor.

I am one who believes that propecia is not for everyone.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but I personally don't use it.

Creates more dandruff in the front area in my case.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Silverstreak,

What brand of Finasteride are you taking? Generic or Merk propecia? If you are taking the generics, my advice is to switch to propecia or proscar. I was feeling like a zombie with the generics. But with propecia I feel normal.

Both minoxidil and rogaine tend to work better for the top and crown areas, as opposed to hair line. It can regrow that area but its rare. Those meds should help keep what you have and the you can focus a procedure to redo the hair line.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians