Female Hairline lowering... doctor recommendations ?

Hi guys ,

Im new to this forum but have been reading a couple threads about female hair transplants. I am 18 years old and i live in nyc.

I dont really have any hair loss except a little patch of missing hair on the front of my hairline (im thinking traction alopecia ?) . I was born with a genetically high forehead and male hairline where the hair is very thin and almost non - existent at my temples. It looks like i have a shape up when my hair is pulled back :eek:

I did have some recent hairloss due to stress but It just recently stopped after a few weeks of having handfuls of hair fall out every single day. It was traumatizing seeing how much hair fell out , but it probably SEEMED more than it really was because I have very long hair :( . When I look in the mirror I cant even tell that i lost any hair but its still not a nice thought knowing how much hair was in the shower drain instead of my head. Since you cant see it Im not to worried about it just HOPEFUL it will grow back sooner or later :P

I've been thinking of having a strip FUT done hopefully it will be right for my case..

If anyone can please recommend any doctors in the NYC area it would be great ! I would like to know who is the "cream of the crop" "top of the top" that has experience with female hairlines ! So far I've had my sights set on True&Dorin and Dr. Epsetein . I've been reading some bad reviews on Dr. Epstein though so Im really rethinking even going to his consultation...

I consulted with Dr. Epstein for hairline lowering via email, though I'm a male. His sales rep did 99% of the talking and the Dr. only chimed in once voluntarily and once more when I demanded to hear from him directly. While he provided a detailed overview of the possible approaches, I couldn't get him to commit to which procedure was more appropriate, surgical hairline advancement (SHA) or transplant. His indifference worried me. That, combined with the very sales-y nature of the consultation scared me away. I also read some negative reviews regarding his office environment.

In case you're thinking of SHA, do your research. Instant results are nice, but a permanent scar on your face is not. Good luck!

Between the two that you mentioned, I would consult True and Dorin. Dr. Feller is also in your area. You also have Dr. Rahal in Ottawa. You can't put too much time in choosing the right doctor for you.

I would also see a gp and make sure your problems are not caused by anything else like PCOS.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

happyhair21,

Welcome! Given that you are looking for a traditional strip procedure to lower your hairline rather than the female hairline lowering procedure or "forehead reduction", any skilled and experienced hair restoration surgeon like those recommended by our community will be able to assist you.

You can locate all the recommended physicians in your area by viewing our interactive map. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

I highly recommend using this forum's search feature to find examples of female hair restorations posted by physicians and patients. Schedule consultations with a number of doctors and ask to meet patients in person if possible. Choose the doctor that you are most comfortable with and is producing the results that you like.

If you have any further questions, I'd be happy to assist.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website