Follicle shedding - 1 month post-op

Hi,

I am 1 month post-op and noticed my tranplanted hairs are coming out with the slightest little pull. If I give the slightest little pull a few will come right out. Just making sure this is normal. My research does tell me I am right in the timeframe for shedding but just making sure it's okay for them to pull out that easy. Thanks guys!

You're actually right in the middle of the timeframe where you should shed your transplanted hairs.

pf30,

When the transplanted hair comes out that easily, it is usually an indication that these follicles have gone into their resting phase and shed the hair shafts.

I hear this from various guys who tell me that some of the graft hair keeps on growing after placement while others come out just as you described.

You may very well have some grafts that are doing this. If so, they simply have not gone dormant yet. Eventually they will and all of the transplanted follicles begin their growth cycles on an intermittent basis.

Congrats on your procedure and happy growth to you! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Great info Gillenator, do you have any advise on using concealers and if safe after transplant and any posts of people using it after ht?

Concealers are fine as long as you have healed completely and all crusts and scabbing removed. Do not over apply as you want your recipient area to breathe.

Also be sure to get your surgeon's advice on using them post-op as we would not want to advise something that your doctor does not approve of if you know what I mean.

Best wishes to you! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY