how to choose

NWwhoa

Hi need some advice on choosing the right surgeon. I am in the infancy stage of research and just curious the best way to choose a surgeon. I live in california and will most likely have the procedure done there. There are quite a few of recommended surgeons on this site. I would assume they all are reputable as well. So how do I choose one? Im a 31 yo Caucasian male nw4 or 5 not real sure.

As far as the procedure being fut vs fue I have not decided and will most likely wait for the drs advice.

Ive had dr Reed in mind for awhile, however he recently retired. So im considering carman as well. Ive contacted dr DIep however he seems to specialize in ethnic ht, not sure if that matters. Ive also contacted dr Deyarmen. Between the three ive only heard back from dr Diep thus far. I am actually considering all of the recommended surgeons in ca. Should I simply have consultations with each (phone consultation) and go with the one I feel most comfortable? They all seem to have decent reviews so choosing will not be so simple. Also I see Hasson&Wong mentioned quite often should I also consider them? It just seems pointless if I can get just as good results close to home. I plan on doing plenty of research and dont plan on the procedure till the beginning of next year, I just feel overwhelmed with all the options.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

There are lots of things to consider. Some docs are well known for their hairline work. Others are known for their crowns. Some are conservative while others are more aggressive in their approach. One of the things you should do is review results posted by patients themselves. See if you can find some guys that have similar hair loss and achieved the type of result you are hoping for.

If you haven't done so yet, you might want to view some hair restoration websites. Here is where you can find authentic results posted by real patients.

You may also find the following articles from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog informative.

What Type of Questions Should Patients Ask During a Hair Transplant Surgery Consultation?

Choosing a Quality Hair Transplant Surgeon by Dr. William Lindsey

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I agree with what Taking the Plunge is trying to say each doctor will have a specialty, and so therefore it depends on your requirements, if you know specifically what you are after, you should search for that area of work, rather than going off other peoples recommendations when each patient may have a different procedure.

I agree with what Taking the Plunge is trying to say each doctor will have a specialty, and so therefore it depends on your requirements, if you know specifically what you are after, you should search for that area of work, rather than going off other peoples recommendations when each patient may have a different procedure.

"Trying to say"? Well...thanks for clearing that up for me. :rolleyes:

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Alex,

Do you have an affiliation with the crown clinic in the UK? If so, please remove the outside link from your forum signature and identify the relationship in its place. If not, please remove the link from your signature regardless (as we don't allow outside links on the forums). Please let me know when this is done. Thank you.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Alex,

Do you have an affiliation with the crown clinic in the UK? If so, please remove the outside link from your forum signature and identify the relationship in its place. If not, please remove the link from your signature regardless (as we don't allow outside links on the forums). Please let me know when this is done. Thank you.

I asked him the same question here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170842-few-questions-before-i-make-leap.html

He denied it and said he was just a patient and would post pics but he hasn't. If you search his posts you will see he has removed his signature link and re-inserted it multiple times, and in all threads he recommends crown clinic. I think you should look into it because I am pretty sure he is a rep for that clinic and not a genuine patient