FUE Donor concern (15 days post op)

Hi all

I'm 15 days post op and just wished to have a professional opinion on my donor region please.

2200 grafts have been harvested in total and i'm a little concerned that my donor has been drastically thinned out. It's still early days, but compared to other FUE donor regions after 2 weeks i've seen, mine's looking a little worse off.

Honest thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

1.jpg.e697ddc2afc2ea8bca2f37cd311366a1.jpg

2.jpg.cf6f52af31328d42f6334ea2a54f6adf.jpg

It is early days so I wouldn't worry too much. Looks fine to me.

Who was your surgeon Silent123?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Silent,

Because the hair may have been shaved a little more closely in the donor region, you could be experiencing some early mild shock loss, and the tissue may be swollen in the donor region, it is really too difficult to tell at this point in time. However, keep in mind that you need to remove approximately 50% of the donor region before you could noticeable any significant thinning or a "moth eaten" appearance (assuming you don't experience inappropriate FUE scarring). While 2,200 grafts is a nicely sized FUE procedure, it's no where near 50% of the total density in your donor region. At this point in time, I think your best bet is to simply relax and let things grow and mature!

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 month later...

Update

Not much has changed 8 weeks on. I buzzed my head to a number 2 three weeks ago and will upload pictures when I return home in a few days.

Is it possible that i'm suffering mild shockloss all over the donor area? It looks patchy with thick patches then extremely thin patches. Donor is also still a little pink also.

I'm guessing its still early days... though at 8 weeks I would have thought my donor would be back to normal? It's apparent and looks like a bad haircut basically.

Pictures coming soon...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...