Advice for someone due to get SMP in 2 weeks!

Hi all,

I'm going to be taking the plunge and getting SMP done in a few weeks (temporary not permanent). Does anyone have any advice re. density and hairline to achieve the most natural look?

Has anyone had any issues?

Cheers

Try not to get too carried away with hairline design. It's easy to go aggressive since you don't have to worry about donor supply but natural has to be natural. I'd stay away from strongly closed hairlines and while density can be continuously added there is a point of diminishing returns where density may be too much.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I'd ask you your current hairline first, and take it from there.

Do you even have a hairline?

If you have, and you work within it, know that SMP will drastically define whatever you haveit, both in color and in contour. It might be good, or like me, it might show you something you don't like, something you didn't realize about yourself. I always thought my hairline was great, but SMP showed me how ugly it really is. Brutal when buzzed, and quite good if grown. But now I know.

If you have no natural hairline to speak of, and if you looking for SMP to provide an instant one, then graduation ( and that is easier said than appears to be done)and slight asymmetry might be good. .i.e. odd deviations left and right, but as Joe says, don't dwell on the local details at the expense of the bigger picture. In a way, you have more artistic license without hair. I'd start conservative, nd then gradually fill out the temples in subsequent sessions, but. If that makes you look odd, for even a short period,but then, I couldn't cope.

So good luck.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the responses.

Just to update you, the SMP session with Milena went very well. My head looks less patchy, evening out the tone all over - all in all there is a major difference.

I went with the approach set out above - started conservative, and not gone crazy with density. Ideally, I would have preferred it if there was more density in the frontal region, but it is not imminent. I am very happy with the result.

The only issue I have is that I am not sure whether a shaven head is for me. Perhaps I just don't have the look, build, or overall style for it. Now considering hair systems (again) - but I had such an awful time with this when I did this a few years ago..

Full circle, it seems.

Hi buzzcut1.Im also booked in for temp smp in a couple of weeks.Did people notice your hairloss had improved and If yes.what did you say to them.any advice you have would be appreciated..Im the opposite to you as my area of concern is my crown region.My hairline and front third is ok.

Full circle, it seems.

That circle is a friend of mine and he comes over to collect his taxes (of the soul kind) every so often, singing that mournful and melancholy song of whoever it was, "One more year and then you'll be happy...just one more year, but...." Damn song!

A system again? I can't imagine. Is there nothing some surgery might do? Or just a shave?