Type IV MPB patient with 4254 grafts from Dr M Humayun Mohmand

This Gentleman had two sessions each of 2207 grafts and 2047 grafts and this is 1 Year follow up.

He is quiet happy with the results as it looks very natural and people cant tell he had some thing done may be just mild thinness.

333100335_FBCC1DD5A7964D5168033F01EB5E4D4B.jpg

433100335_FE8B36C6A4743BB349C35E11A6D2F226.jpg

533100335_6414F2F550476E7789F31E24D9524461.jpg

623100335_E6FD4A800B559456C43DF0EE6939C481.jpg

633100335_27B0061D916C0B657C8A0CEDFEAF2388.jpg

723100335_1230D2971D9A724E809C9C54C8865758.jpg

733100335_14D814BC489BCC79314C0661883C0555.jpg

823100335_0C061CA0A81DDEFEDD0CB3BCDC4E7F87.jpg

833100335_B6BC55D86D52FCB598B73F27AA5C4A76.jpg

923100335_CA79A6744BB761B9DD163FEEB255EB98.jpg

933100335_BD9131934F3BEE269374D51A5689E9E2.jpg

133100335_989E2B6F4FB393F2F558B8EA65212268.jpg

143100335_D5B8793287E990578E0AFD10BDAE69F0.jpg

233100335_182838235FC0CC34638627388CEBB34E.jpg

243100335_4532BB601EA28A27FE74268E8A2BAE06.jpg

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr. Mohmand,

There does seem to be some improvement but it's difficult to gauge with these lower quality pictures and the difference in hair length in the before/after photos. Also, can you provide a breakdown of when each procedure was performed? Are these photos one year after the first or second procedure? Any high resolution close-ups of the hairline and top of the head shots would be helpful.

You may want to consider buying a professional camera that takes better, high resolution camera. You've been producing excellent results and I trust a better camera will better demonstrate the quality of work that you do.

All the Best,

Bill

I'll echo what Bill said. It is difficult to judge what improvements have been achieved.

Also, there seems to be quite a bit of "see through" effects in the hairline. I would have expected a more dense hairline with 4254 grafts, especially since the patient wasn't that high on the NW scale to begin with. However, it's possible that the pictures are not revealing the whole story and a better camera might provide more clarity.

The probable reason that this was not looking as good as it should be is

1) He had oil applied on the scalp, I do not remember I was having a flash gun on.

This density is not more than 30/sq cm, as I do not tend to do more density to keep the future donor area available. This is only optical density.

With respect to camera, its Nikon D90. But as I always say its the man behind the gun which is more important not the Gun.

Having said that, the size was 510kb and the web site does not take that larger than 500kb, l so I had to reduce the size and I am sure that could have been another reason, but i am trying to improve the quality as much as possible. I am actually in process of making a studio or special room for pre and post op pictures.

Hope that would resolve the problem.

improvement is never ending story

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

the time between the pre op and post op pictures is two years, so he has gone thinner since the first picture that should be kept in mind as well.

---

Originally posted by arnolder:

IMHO hairline doesn't look good. Same is the case with my HT.

Hi,I agree with arnolder that hair line is not natural and easily recognizable.One can not expect such bad hair line from this Forum Recommended doctor.

-Why this patient need 2 sessions while this can be done in one session?

-Even after getting two sessions the density is poor.

-If you look at the frontal hair line,there are two hair as well.

-My impression is that it is not quality work rather it needs lot of improvement.

-Keep it up and try your best to give good result.

-This patient is young and baldness seems progressive ,are you taking young patients as well?

-My purpose is positive creticism as one learn from mistakes,not to hurt honourable doctor.

Khizar

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I don't think this is a bad result at all.

Dr. Mohmand, what is the average difference in the diameter of hair between a patient of middle eastern descent, and that of a white male? If it's double, does that mean that 1,000 grafts on a middle eastern man would cover as much as 2,000 on the average white man?

Originally posted by khizar:
Originally posted by arnolder:

IMHO hairline doesn't look good. Same is the case with my HT.

Hi,I agree with arnolder that hair line is not natural and easily recognizable.One can not expect such bad hair line from this Forum Recommended doctor.

-Why this patient need 2 sessions while this can be done in one session?

-Even after getting two sessions the density is poor.

-If you look at the frontal hair line,there are two hair as well.

-My impression is that it is not quality work rather it needs lot of improvement.

-Keep it up and try your best to give good result.

-This patient is young and baldness seems progressive ,are you taking young patients as well?

-My purpose is positive creticism as one learn from mistakes,not to hurt honourable doctor.

Khizar

Dear Khizar

I respect your opinion and I am glad that you have looked in so detail.

To have one or two grafts of two hairs in the front hair line is actually not un natural at all. I do remember Dr Ron Shaperio in His lectures of creating a natural looking hair line showed his own close up picture and we could see two hair FU right up in the front.

Ofcourse, we try our best not to make it but as humans we are bound to have errors. Second, YES its not a dense packing hair, if you see him, his area to be cocered is about 15 x and depth is about 9 cm if I include the temporal peaks the total density should not be more than 31 grafts per sq cm. This is exactly why i am careful with these young patients.

Now your answers

1) I know people do it in one go, I dont. I have tried, in my hands I can give a better illusion with 4000 grafts in two sessions then I can do in one, so if I do in one session i save more money but its about better results so I do it in two. Actually patients pay per graft so 4000 in one session be same as in two.

2) The density is poor, I do not believe in high density, i believe in optical or visual density. I do not give them high hopes of looking as dense as they were in 20's. so sorry but if some one wants to come to me they have to accept visual density results.

3) I am sure I need loads of improvement and that is why i would listen to you. your criticism means a lot for me even if you are doing it from bad intensions.

4) I am trying to improve and every time i am told i was not good i improve. Kite rises against the wind not with the wind.

5) YES, I do take younger patients. But i am careful with selection. there is no hard and fast rules in field of medicine. there are exception. If I know the family history of the patient and baldness prevailing in family, i look for the miniturization process and feel for the true (viable) donor area. Then I play safe, do not lower hair line below 7.5cm from glabella.

6) the very statement saying that your purpose was a positive creticism actually means you had some sort of guilt in your mind. It goes without saying that all people in this forum are only trying to give their positive criticism, so if you have said that, it actually means you had some other thoughts while you were writing all this.

Having said all that, i am open for both positive and negative because I know what I am doing and i do my best to improve on myself.

I am still a learner as compare to some very very big names.

---