Is the Propecia Market A scam Just got 28 5MG Tablets 3 Pound GBP from Local Pharmacy

ziggystar1

Hi Guys just joined the forum today. I am planning on having a Hair transplant this year FUE and kinda have picked my Doctor and Surgeon.

But getting back to the Finasteride I heard about cutting the 5MG Finasteride as a cheaper alternative to Propecia or Proscar and I was quite shocked when I phoned my Local Pharmacist today. She told me that they stock Generic 5MG Finasteride 28 tablets for 3.00 Pound Sterling or they have non Generic Proscar 5mg Tablets 28 for 20.91 Pound Sterling.

Massive difference if this is true the 28 non generic 5mg finasteride tablets at 3.00 Pound Sterling would last140 days and a years supply would cost approx 8 Pound Sterling ??

Can anyone else see the scam ?? here or is it me lol

Spoke with my GP today and he has no problems prescribing me with 5mg Finasteride, he will send my prescription through to my pharmacy tonight for collection tomorrow. So I will be buying 28 5mg Tablets for 3.00 Pound Sterling which is pretty awesome. And will last 140 Days.

Finasteride is the best option for slowing hair loss. I personally cut it in quarters and take a piece every night before going to bed. I personally pay $9 at Walmart for a 30 pill count...which cuts into 4 months...comes out to $2.25 per month. Can't beat it!!

Hi Yeah I am doing the same thing! But there appear to be a mass number of people who haven't figured this out or refuse to do so. Its a simple action of getting your doctor to prescribe Finasteride 5mg cut into 4 Pieces take daily for 4 days miss the 5th day as you are taking 1.25mg Dosage.

Some people are paying 100 Pound - 200 Pound for a few month supply it is an absolute rip off and scam. And some people who are involved in it should know better not to name any names. But there are HT doctors and Co-Ordinators involved in it.

Propecia (Finasteride 1 MG) patent is now expired,so different brands of 1 MG Finastreide tablets will be available for really cheap prices everywhere.(they shouldn't be more expensive than aspirin or vitamin c).

many people aren't aware of this and still pay the silly prices for brand Propecia.

Merck propecia patent doesn't expire until 5th Nov 2013 according to wikpedia and the fda so thats why all the generics are currently made in India. Can be manufactured in Europe and U.S after that date so should push prices in the right direction.

HT 2006/7

Hi,

I have had a couple of trans over the last 25 years and all have been good although as time goers on much is lost the same way normal growth falls out etc.

My last was about 1o years ago and still have much of it left although just now start to thinning again on the crown.

My last doc put me on Propecia 10 years ago and I have been on it but it has become more exy and now costs $80+ for 36 little pink tabs 1 MG.

I have always only taken these about 2 maybe 3 times a week at most, not the once a day it seems is recommended.

I found on the net many adds for cheaper ones but was very wary however bought 180 fro $100 from a Web store who I think say they are in Canada.

Anyway the pills came from India. White and name Npecia 1 mg. All stamped officially with mfg 04/12 and expiry of 03/2015.

I was wondering whether or not they are as effective as the branded Propecia I have been buying.

Thanks

oz

Hi Guys just joined the forum today. I am planning on having a Hair transplant this year FUE and kinda have picked my Doctor and Surgeon.

But getting back to the Finasteride I heard about cutting the 5MG Finasteride as a cheaper alternative to Propecia or Proscar and I was quite shocked when I phoned my Local Pharmacist today. She told me that they stock Generic 5MG Finasteride 28 tablets for 3.00 Pound Sterling or they have non Generic Proscar 5mg Tablets 28 for 20.91 Pound Sterling.

Massive difference if this is true the 28 non generic 5mg finasteride tablets at 3.00 Pound Sterling would last140 days and a years supply would cost approx 8 Pound Sterling ??

Can anyone else see the scam ?? here or is it me lol

Spoke with my GP today and he has no problems prescribing me with 5mg Finasteride, he will send my prescription through to my pharmacy tonight for collection tomorrow. So I will be buying 28 5mg Tablets for 3.00 Pound Sterling which is pretty awesome. And will last 140 Days.

Sounds like your getting the generic brands at a discounted rate as nhs gp prescription medications in the uk are government subsidised ??

Propecia (Finasteride 1 MG) patent is now expired,so different brands of 1 MG Finastreide tablets will be available for really cheap prices everywhere.(they shouldn't be more expensive than aspirin or vitamin c).

many people aren't aware of this and still pay the silly prices for brand Propecia.

where is patent expired?

Ok thats probably true, but I actually meant it sounds like he's getting the non generic pills at a discounted rate. Surely with a gp prescription you would get trademark Finasteride?

Hi Yeah I am doing the same thing! But there appear to be a mass number of people who haven't figured this out or refuse to do so. Its a simple action of getting your doctor to prescribe Finasteride 5mg cut into 4 Pieces take daily for 4 days miss the 5th day as you are taking 1.25mg Dosage.

Some people are paying 100 Pound - 200 Pound for a few month supply it is an absolute rip off and scam. And some people who are involved in it should know better not to name any names. But there are HT doctors and Co-Ordinators involved in it.

Spot on . I know of a few straight off. There are some people really taking advantage out there but this is only the tip of the iceberg. Its not surprising though, the industry is full of shill's and is in dire need of regulation.

I don't think it has expired in Australia as they still prescribe me Merck Sharp Propecia (Finasteride) 1mg 28 tablets A$79.99.

When I go to the pharmacy to get the pills they ask do i want the generic. I say yes and get what i mentioned.

I decided to buy from a web site which looks like it is in Canada but the pills came from India.

Just hope they are what they say they are.

oz