Use of minoxidil after transplant

Tioto

For all of you that used MINOX after a transplant, how long did you use it?; I am using it in my hairline after the HT and my grafts are already growing (I am at the 3 months mark) but I do not want to keep on using it in that area, as my hair looks like crap!!!, I will keep on using it only on crown though, I am using propecia as well, any advise ????

For all of you that used MINOX after a transplant, how long did you use it?; I am using it in my hairline after the HT and my grafts are already growing (I am at the 3 months mark) but I do not want to keep on using it in that area, as my hair looks like crap!!!, I will keep on using it only on crown though, I am using propecia as well, any advise ????

I think i remember Dr Feller saying that it is probably best to use it up to a year since hair growth cycles vary. After that all the transplants should be in. Maybe just use it at night and shampoo it out in the morning. You might ask Dr Feller for specifics.

Tioto,

I think Dr Feller recommended using the 2% Minoxidil solution on the transplants. He can correct me if I'm wrong. It may have to do with the fact that you are placing it on a very tender area that has undergone some major trauma. You might ask Dr Feller.

Thanks to all for your replies, I am using 5% minox. from pharma; it has been 3 months since I had a transplant and everything is looking alright so far my only concern is that my original hair get used to minox and when I discontinue it and migh loose that hair, what is your experience regarding this Dr. feller????, thanks again for your replies

If you transplanted between your native hairs, and they didn't shock out from the trauma that always accompanies surgery, then you probably won't have to worry about rebound from stopping rogaine either. Then again, who could say for sure? Sorry, you're on your own for the final decision. Best of luck.

Dr Feller