That first crushing comment.

People who point out that you're balding in a mean spirited manner are scumbags, IMO. I would never think of doing it to someone. The "friends" who pointed out my thinning are now losing their hair, and I never told them I underwent HT surgery. They also have no clue how advanced modern Ht surgery is. They must be scratching their balding heads wondering what the hell happened.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 5 weeks later...
People who point out that you're balding in a mean spirited manner are scumbags, IMO. I would never think of doing it to someone. The "friends" who pointed out my thinning are now losing their hair, and I never told them I underwent HT surgery. They also have no clue how advanced modern Ht surgery is. They must be scratching their balding heads wondering what the hell happened.

i agree

i remember this bartender with a full head of hair calling out my friend's husband (an older guy) on his 1990's hair transplant in front of a full bar of people.

i don't think these people get it

Yeah, my wife and I just welcomed a baby daughter back in August. I was talking to one of my buddies with zero hair loss and I commented how my daughter looks more like my wife than me and his reply was, "she's got your hair, haha".

They definitely don't get it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

For years I've been bothered by the fact that my chin and jaw line are uneven/asymmetrical and it really shows in pictures, so I'm going to kill that last loan in the next 2-3 months and then creatively direct between $10k and $15k towards some high-end facial surgery to fix that, probably performed by the highly-rated Dr. David Mabrie of San Francisco.

And yes, I've also been saving for retirement this whole time and investing money into my Roth IRA and some stocks (Starbuck's stocks are making a lot of money right now FYI), plus I'll have my military pension when I hopefully retire at 40 in eleven years.

Again: Where there's a will, there's a way. Money is just numbers, just a means to an end. It's all about spinning plates and making your resources work in tandem to augment each other. I think getting what you want is more important than having pocket money to blow.

I'm just putting this out there hoping someone will benefit from the positive results I've come upon, without having to do the risky/scary experimentation that I had to do. Follow this road-map and stay aggressive, and you'll get what you're after! :)

Othersyde, sounds like you know a good deal about managing money. I wish I had that skill. :)

Othersyde, sounds like you know a good deal about managing money. I wish I had that skill. :)

I guess the drive for commanding monetary resources could probably be traced back to a childhood of relative poverty and always being a "have-not" in the face of all the richer kids at the private school I went to, and thus being forced to become very resourceful in order to beat a system geared to favor the more financially fortunate... The funny thing is that I'm like, borderline mathematically retarded and barely scraped through Algebra I and II in in college :)

My first comment was at a dinner restaurant with family and relatives. My uncle said out loud "What's wrong with your hairline? Balding?" I was so embarrassed and almost lost my appetite. I did not dignify with a response. But that moment made me realized I was losing my hair and no longer in denial.

Even on my HT 6-month post-op, my grandmother said out loud in the dinner table, "You're growing hair!" I also did not dignify with a response. lol.

Those with a full head of hair (especially women) do not realize that balding people are sensitive to hair loss comments. It's one thing to say it behind close doors, but to say in front of other guests is simply being a jackass.

BeHappy, there has to be some kind of hope for you; Granted, not Justin Bieber hair (not for any of us, really, though), but I know there has got to be some doc who can fill in those thin/bald spots and mask your scarring, at the very least. I know people keep mentioning Dr. Umar, and looking at his work HERE and HERE, it might be a good idea to get ahold of him? I mean there's no guarantee that he can duplicate these amazing results on you, per se, but I would wager a bet that he could dramatically improve your situation and disposition in life at the very least.

Now granted, I don't have any personal experience with Dr. Umar, so if I'm wrong here then someone please help out. I can empathize with BeHappy's case, and really would like to see something good happen, is all.

It wouldn't hurt for BeHappy to submit/email Dr. Umar some photos. Dr. Umar has worked on and improved the worst cases around. Your suggestion to BeHappy is a good one.

I have had Dr. Umar work on me, and he is nothing but ethical, honest and caring.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.