Zone Of Demarcation

What is the best way to treat with the zone of demarcation (the area where there is hairloss sandwiched, between transplanted alopecia resistant hair, and receding native atrophic hair behind it)?

Thanks.

take care...

A very small strip or FUE works great. Plus, even though I shave recipient areas, we can do these little cases without shaving and thus downtime is minimal.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 6 months later...

I just did a search on small FUE sessions, and this one came up with my exact situation. I'm going in for 300-400 FUE's in a few weeks to fill in the area behind where I'd had the hairline rebuilt. Original hairline rebuild was 1200 (via strip) done about 6 years ago. Apparently I'm a slow receder, mostly because of Propecia and Rogaine, as I'm now 42, and have been receding since 18 (wow, that's hard to write). I'm not sure what's the better situation, slow torture of a gradual receding hairline, or quick torture of a rapidly receding hairline. Good luck to all.

Manko

Originally posted by Manko:

I'm not sure what's the better situation, slow torture of a gradual receding hairline, or quick torture of a rapidly receding hairline. Good luck to all.

Manko

I reckon you were lucky to be tortured so slowly.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

A thought that comes to mind is how this very question should be an extensive part of every consultation.

For anyone looking to get a HT that is adjacent to native hair, the Dr. should explain exactly what the options will be as that native hair is gradually lost. The Dr. would be terribly remiss by not covering this. Of course, it's not something one really wants to think about when getting a HT.