3999 With Dr Wong 23 Apr 13

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just updated the blog again. Its been 8 months now and I'm reasonably pleased with the progress. As previously whilst I was really hoping for 5000 grafts, the growth I've had with 4000 has been pretty good. I'm not using Nanogen much and if I do it doesn't take a great deal to provide good coverage.

You never know, hopefully there will be some extra growth in the coming four months but all in all, I'm happy. Its a definite improvement from pre-op!!

Wow, what a great result. What is your donor density? Also, is your hair fine or medium fine?

The reason why i ask is because we have a similar loss pattern and hair color, although your sides are higher than mine, and it doesn't appear as if though your crown is dipping, either.

Cheers mate! It looks great.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Wow, what a great result. What is your donor density? Also, is your hair fine or medium fine?

The reason why i ask is because we have a similar loss pattern and hair color, although your sides are higher than mine, and it doesn't appear as if though your crown is dipping, either.

Cheers mate! It looks great.

G'day,

My hair is pretty fine. I recall I was told I have average density (no real problems, but not out of this world impressive either). What was a problem for me was laxity. Dr Wong said when he first examined me that it was great, but after starting the cut for the strip realised it wasn't what he originally thought.

During the procedure he actually offered to take the cut an extra inch or so further on each side, which probably would have yielded another 500 or so grafts but I declined. Maybe I should have taken him up on that offer, but still, they're always there for next time.

Airbumps...CONGRATS!....it's looking really good. I bet the results will continue to surprise you on how much better it's going to get in the next 3-4 months. Keep us updated.

ps: for guys reading Airbumps blog, his experience only goes to show you how different the patient experience can be on surgery day. It literally was a "walk in the park" for me as far as pain level. I took a stair-stepped dose of Xanax on the morning of surgery and literally slept thru 80-90% of the entire 11 hour procedure. Pain during the procedure was just not an issue on my surgery day.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.