What is my Norwood Class

imfb99

Hi All,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while and was curious if someone could help me idecide what Norwood Class would I fall into?

Also if I decide to get a hair transplant how many grafts can get me a decent density + coverage?

By decent I mean where people can't tell that I am balding.

I am aware and I am not expecting a hair transplant procedure to give me hair when I was 18 :)

Sorry Removing the image and putting it on my website folder

Edited by imfb99
sssssssssssssssss

Also if I decide to get a hair transplant how many grafts can get me a decent density + coverage? By decent I mean where people can't tell that I am balding.

It depends on your goals.

What is your age?

Are you or have you been on meds?

Do you have a good donor supply?

IMO..."Decent" coverage would probably take 4500 grafts on your first surgery.

Your crown would most likely have a bit of thinning left afterwards.

Then you can make a decision if you want more density and further work on the crown.

IMO...as far as "not looking balding" you may need 5000-6000 to look like you are not balding at all. Most 5000-6000 graft cases require at least two surgeries, although 5000-6000 grafts can be done in a single session by a few doctors.

But I think you could be pretty happy and notice a big difference after the 4000-4500 graft first surgery.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks Shampoo,

I am 32 and currently not on any meds. I am thinking of going on Finasteride soon. I am in India and did speak to a hair transplant surgeon here.

He said that I have average donor density and he would be able to get around 3000 grafts. Although I would rate the results of doctors in India at average the best if compared to the Rahal's, and the Fellers and the Konior's.

I will be flying to Chicago for work in couple of months on would like to get opinions of few doctors there. Especially Raymond Konior. I have seen the results on his website and I think he can do magic with mere 3000 grafts.

So we will see because as of right now I am going a lot of back and forth with myself about getting and HT.

I will be flying to Chicago for work in couple of months on would like to get opinions of few doctors there. Especially Raymond Konior. I have seen the results on his website and I think he can do magic with mere 3000 grafts.

I am going a lot of back and forth with myself about getting and HT.

Good luck on your trip to get the consults. Keep us updated.

Like you I was "back and forth" but now I am so glad I did it.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.