Propecia Lament

What's been happening guys? Just curious what everyone's doing about Propecia. I've been taking it once a day for probably 11 years. Sad thing is, the drug just gets more and more expensive! Has anyone found a place where you can get it cheaper? If we can't post links to this sort of thing, please feel free to private message me. Thanks!

Yeah it's expensive, I took Propecia for about 11 years also. One day a couple years ago I went to a urologist for a routine check. I told him I took propecia and he offered to give me a script for proscar (I'm in my early forties - I imagine he wouldn't have done that if I was quite a bit younger).

Anyway, I went from paying 70/month for propecia to 7/month (with insurance) for proscar with has 5mgs of finasteride instead of 1 and lasts much longer than a month.

Just thought I'd share. You might be able to get a script for proscar and have insurance cover it.

Hairloser, Thanks for that idea. I'll run it by my primary care doc and see what he thinks. I'm in my early 30's not sure if that makes a difference, but it's worth a shot, and that's a massive amount of savings.

Do you still take it once a day?

Whew. Sounds like a plan I should've gotten on 10 years ago! Here's hoping I can pull that off.

As to Bash's question: I've had major crown loss (just had surgery w/ Dr. Hasson mid-Sept) and while I defy that Norwood Scale in many respects, it could be as much as a 4 in the crown. Propecia has likely saved additional hair loss to a large degree, but in my case, I can't say that I regrew much.