Dr Armani - FUE Results - 2425 FUE 16 Months - Stingray

Stingray

Originally posted by CalvinKlein:

Stingray I like your conservative approach with the hairline. I really appreciate you taking your time out and sharing your experience with us rather than just walking away and ignoring reality. I for one was considering HT between FUE AND FUSS but I think I will lean more towards fuss now. The yielding in fue is hit and miss ragrdless of what any clinic shows you how many photos. It's a scientific fact.

Concerning your hairtransplant...I know you're angry and almost all the guys here hate armanis with passion, but the fact is he also has performed mind blowing results. I say this because if I were you I WOULD NOT just walk away. I would take them up on their offer and get the "touch-up". I am SURE they will make it their personal business for you to get outstanding results so you can come back here and say "look guys , all is dandy! they satisfied my concerns". I wouldn't walk away at my expense if I weren't satisfied with the results!

However, I wouldn't add more than 1,000. Any surgeon you go to would love to add a lot of density to your poor growth areas so they can mak themselves look like heros and say "we fixed armanis loss". Donor is precious, you are not THAT bad nor butchered, please don't throw in another 1,500 to your hairline!. 1,000 should suffice nicely!

BTW are you on any treatments or were you on any? Your donor from the side looks pretty good.

CalvinKlein:

Again what kind of BS is it?

While I agree the Coalition doctors sometimes have cases of poor results (except Dr. Epstein, who has more than his share of poor results lately), and thus touch up may be advisable with the same doctor. On the other hand, it seems that poor yield results from Dr. Armani is the norm, not the exeption. Therefore, I am glad that Stingray is not considering a touch up with Dr. Armani because it is probable that poor yield will occur again. As you correctly stated, while the touch up is free, those non-yielding grafts are gone forever

As for your 'mind blowing results from Armani', I have not seen it lately...since Dr.Armani switched to FUE. Hmmm...coincidental maybe...Even though Dr. Armani performed nice strips before, I would still take a result of a Coalition doctors like Keene, Shapiro or Berstein over his anytime. In my opinion, Dr. Armani, even with strips, was not able to demonstrate the efficient use of grafts like what these Coalition doctors were able to.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Newhair and hopeful .

You guys took the words right out of my mouth or should I say fingers.

I personally do not hate Armani. I cant stand Shane and Pats205 though.

I just think Armanis work is hot garbage.

Stingray would be nuts to go back and if he did that would be the only thing mind blowing about Armani.

can the reasons why these fue results being so inconsitant come to serfice? why is it happening why are some people getting good results and others awfull

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

It's not that they are "inconsistent" so much as they are universally bad. FUE is an inherently flawed procedure -- on this forum alone there have been several threads were doctors and experienced patients alike cooly, systematically discussed these flaws. Basically, it revolves around damaging the grafts through forces including traction and torsion. It is because of this that FUE procedures take so long -- this is also why (good) doctors do not perform "mega session FUE" with the frequency and #s of Armani. Helluva a sweet rap to spit, tho -- scarless, less-risky, LATEST BREAKTHROUGH PROCEDURE....targeted at the wave of young guys cruising the internet...ya, it's also the most expensive....

Anyways, as for the some results being "awful" and some being "good"....I personally have only seen "awful"...the better results I have seen have always been cases were one or both of the following is blatantly true: an obscene amount of grafts were used in a relatively small area, and the documentation of before/post-ops/afters was comically bad. I suppose, even in these "better cases", grafts are being squandered either by yield well below The Armani Guarantee and/or simply using up more grafts than a good clinic would need to achieve a smiliar result.

Also, even if some results were *truly* good...and I doubt even his best are on par with the results of sound strip clinics...but even if some did produce OK yield....it basically just means his procedure is a game of Russian-Follicular Roulette, and his surgical skills and tools simply SUCK and are dominated by a procedure he can't handle. And, of course, this is to say nothing of the obvious ethics -- or lackthereof -- that exist, and which are *quite* numerous and varied....

EDIT -- 1 more thing...while I do think Armani performs *gross* injustices spawned from extreme greed and a vicious thirst for power...we find a lot of these types in politics and some businesses come to think of it...but he isn't a "butcher" in the historical sense of the word, and for many -- like Stingray -- they will still get to where they want to be....the more fortunate ones prolly just end up w/ 1 botched op while losing $, time and hopes, while wasting some grafts that hopefully they never truly need or even want....but, PGP mentioned cases of real young guys with real aggressive loss getting real "bold" hairlines where a real serious # of grafts got hijacked....this can lead to a legit nightmare that could plague them for life....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Anyways, as for the some results being "awful" and some being "good"....I personally have only seen "awful"...the better results I have seen have always been cases were one or both of the following is blatantly true: an obscene amount of grafts were used in a relatively small area, and the documentation of before/post-ops/afters was comically bad. I suppose, even in these "better cases", grafts are being squandered either by yield well below The Armani Guarantee and/or simply using up more grafts than a good clinic would need to achieve a smiliar result.

Dont forget a ton of native hair to begin with

Yep, veryvery true.... http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/691108651 even cases like this were it's basically hairline refinment using a good chunk of grafts...let alone crown work (2k to the crown there) http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/474102941 , entire frontal 1/3rds getting rebuilt (I couldn't find any on the first page, but even mine -- 3k for pretty much an entirely new frontal 1/3rd), coverage over a large area w/ a nominal # of grafts http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/972100461

And these are results that we aren't terribly surprised to be seeing, and of which manymany more exist. Yet, I truly can't find results like these w/ Armani and his FUE (debacle) -- and this is with him having a glut of patient posters and paid posters with the express intent of showcasing results.

What I can find, and have found -- all too easily -- are results like Stingrays....on top of RIDICULOUS amounts of shady claims (scarless, nonsurgical, 50k donors, breakthrough technology e.g.) and shady results (locked threads, disappearing threads, suddenly silent patients, laughable documentation, e.g.).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

What I can find, and have found -- all too easily -- are results like Stingrays....on top of RIDICULOUS amounts of shady claims (scarless, nonsurgical, 50k donors, breakthrough technology e.g.) and shady results (locked threads, disappearing threads, suddenly silent patients, laughable documentation, e.g.).

Ill tell you what you wont find easily and thats Pats205.

You'd have a better chance of finding Bin Laden

on your own drunk and blindfolded.

He took a severe beatdown he so dearly deserved and has avoided this site like the plague.

I guess I dont blame him

Originally posted by latinlotus:
Originally posted by hopefull:

Emperor makes some very good points...but i have to disagree on one thing, this is not how 2500 grafts should look like given the fact that they were used on the hairline and temples only.And thick native hair dont look thin in the picture

I ve seen results where doctors use that number of grafts on larger areas and to tell you the truth the result is about the same as this one on the same area.Doctors use the grafts strategically to create an illusion, because that what transplant are an illusion of density, compe them differently expose your self to winds, water and other lements of nature and the illusion starts to loose its effect.

Question that rises in thsi case is...

1.Poor growth?

2.Dense packing is overrated?

3.People were misleaded for years to think that they can have superthick hairlines if they went to the magic doctor when in fact only an illusion of density can be created and when different pictures appear the truth is revealed?

4.The hairloss dugs and transplants on people with minimal hairloss(relying on drugs something that transplant surgeons didnt have before) is the true revolution of the hair transplant industry and thats why the after pictures look so good

5. Manipulating pictures showing only the best angles

I think its a combination of all five...and to tell you the truth my best advice to stingray would be not to have another procedure over the same area.Keep what you got, you are not butchered or anything but adding more grafts to that area might be a waste.think of the future and think of your self.Propably the clinic would through in another thousand so that you dont complain online and other doctors would try to make it better ...but is it really that bad to have another procedure for the hairline and temples?Cant you just live with it and forget more transplants?

the way i see it you are not a failed case you were misleaded and misinformed from the start.

And for this there are many people to be blamed in these online communities

Hopefull:

I highly disagree with your comment. This is clear case of failed HT with low yield. I don't think Stingray was misled. He even said himself that he was very informed going into the HT. If there is one area where he was misled it is where Dr. Armani claims that he never got a case with a yield of less than 80%.

Stingray: I support your search of a good doctor to correct this, and hopefully you will get the result you want.

I think going to a dr like bisanga would really fill things in nicely making it look alot thicker,i have seen bisangas videos of combing through and the density was still very thick regardless of the whole "illusion"

Pat / Bill,

I hope you don't mind me posting this link here, but it is rather similar to Stingray's results - lag on one side and very strange bumps that remind me of some of my Bosley pitting.

The patient spoke with Dr. Armani, with rationale that ranged from (a) Rogaine adverse reaction, to (b) "hairs trying to poke through the surface" 10-months post-op (and the dots have been at a steady state for a couple of months).

Anyway, in all of this debate, people continue to ask Pats to show his results... he still refuses. An explanation of thorough response is sought for what this could be (rightfully so), but these are also evaded. After the patient spoke with Dr. Armani this patient has unfortunately taken the most recent photos off his blog, but thankfully some are still captured on the thread:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-l...er-descasc-DESC.html

711_image1.gif

This isn't meant to start a 'flame' war, but rather I just wish they would come clean and have a good open dialogue with their patients, potential patients and community in general.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 8 months later...