travelling after a procedure.

Was hoping for some advice, i have a procedure coming up in a few months and due to my job i have summers off so was wondering if it would be fine to travel for a few months after my procedure?

Worried about the sun, wearing hats, could it effect the grafts if i wear a hat all day etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I intend to document everything on here and who the Doc is very soon, just going through the finer details;)

Thanks in advance.

Basically most people are back, in the most part, to living their lives normally after a couple of months.

In my case the recipient area was still healing up to 4 months as the redness disappeared. For this reason, I'd say avoid the direct sunlight (wear a good hat that offers UV protection) and avoid extremes of hot and cold.

Are you have a strip or FUE procedure?

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos

Modenese,

Thank you for your response. I am having FUE around 2200 grafts in the frontal 3rd.

However i was hoping to use my summer off after the procedure to possibly travel which would include some hot climates:confused:

Great results by the way:)

I've been thinking about this lately too and even trying on a few baseball caps in shops.

The one thing I do have is a Columbia Omin Shade Bora Bora Booney hat (!), which I bought in Australia a couple of years ago. Try googling to see what they look like. The fit is adjustable by a drawstring. It has the added bonus of having a meshed vent so air can get in easily.

This won't be much good on the airplane back home but I'm on the lookout for a good baseball cap (my head is quite big for caps and I've never really got on with them).

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1978matt cheers, i am also looking into a beanie or golf hat maybe, the hat you suggested look quite funky but does have air vents!

I really do not suit baseball caps due to having a big head:o

I am planning on travelling Europe after the procedure but my grafts come first;)

1978matt cheers, i am also looking into a beanie or golf hat maybe, the hat you suggested look quite funky but does have air vents!

I really do not suit baseball caps due to having a big head:o

I am planning on travelling Europe after the procedure but my grafts come first;)

I know what you mean, I don't really suit baseball caps. I have a Nike Golf cap as I do play occasionally but it is in the back of the car and I've not checked how tight it is.

Th Columbia thing is basically a cricket hat really. Mine is white with the black vent and I normally don't bother with the chin strap - it's not necessary. It actually suits me quite well and definately keeps the sun off.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day