please help me out ...iam new

hi everyone

Iam Nithin raj from Tamilnadu , i have been loosing my hair for the past 5 years ,as days go it made me feel too bad ,being a 23 years guy and having a head with baldness is too difficult to live with.For treatment i went to advance hair studio in chennai ,and as we all know they wer just money suckers ,gave me some stupid things and costed me a huge amount ,now iam clueless on wat to do ,please people guide me if i can go for a hair transplantation at this age cause i went to doctor madhu in hyd , i had high hopes as this forum confirmed him to be one of the best ,i went there and was shocking to know the following things .First i dint meet madhu personally i meet some lady doctor there and she told me to continue wat ever i was using which was given to me by advance hair studio people and 23 is not the rite age to under go hair transplantation ,she told me take it up wen iam 25 ...please people i would be completely bald wen iam 25.isnt there any other cure or is she wrong about the age ,if i can take up ht please suggest me a doc.

nithinmetallica,

I have taken the liberty of moving your post to a new thread where it will get more attention.

I don't know who you met with a Dr. Madhu's office and I don't know what your hair loss looks like, but I'm sure you were given sounds advice. Reputable clinics to do not perform surgery on unsuitable candidates.

There there is no hard and fast rule regarding the appropriate age for hair transplantation, the early twenties is often too young for most hair loss sufferers for a few reasons. One of these reasons is the inevitable progression of balding. Attempting to restore a youthful hairline at your age will likely result in shortage of donor hair to address future hair loss and potentially leaving you with a unnatural "island" of hair on your head.

I don't know what it is that you are using but the most effective medical hair loss treatments currently available are Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil). These drugs when used in combination will provide you with the best opportunity to preserve the hair you have and perhpas regrow hair that you've already lost.

Be cautious. If you consult with enough clinics, you will no doubt find one willing to perform surgery on you even if it is not in your best interest. I recommend that you take some time to carefully research before making the decision to pursue surgery.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Have you considered using Hair Concealers like Nanogen or Toppik? I am 25 years old and I have lost a lot of my hair already on the top and a lot of my hairline is gone. I am between a Norwood 3A to 4A. I know what you are going through, it's not easy but those concealers have saved me...for now.

My Hair Loss Blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2920

1st Hair Transplant: FUT/Strip, Dr. John Diep. 07/14/2014.

# of grafts: 3577

1's: 897

2's: 2016

3's: 451

4's: 213

Have you considered using Hair Concealers like Nanogen or Toppik? I am 25 years old and I have lost a lot of my hair already on the top and a lot of my hairline is gone. I am between a Norwood 3A to 4A. I know what you are going through, it's not easy but those concealers have saved me...for now.

Would tha hair gets damaged or does our hair loss increases after Using toppik or nanogen. Whats ur experience after using it.

Would the hair gets damaged or does our hair loss increases after Using toppik or nanogen. Whats ur experience after using it. How about the status of the existing hair.

have you taken preventive medications such as finpecia?

If I were hes age I would not be taking and prescription medication he would have to stay on them for the rest of his life and even Propecia will not save hes frontal third.

Shave is off mate your too young to go through a hair transplant procedure

Would the hair gets damaged or does our hair loss increases after Using toppik or nanogen. Whats ur experience after using it. How about the status of the existing hair.

I don't know if the hair gets damaged or increases further hair loss as a result of using concealers. I don't think so. My hair loss progresses year by year and I don't put the concealers to blame, its mainly genetics. I have had a really good experience using it, there is not one day that goes by where I don't use it. It really hides my hair loss very well. The only issue that I have had with it is that it may cause slight irritation in the scalp. It makes my head itchy sometimes but other than that, no complaints. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, it has saved me so far.

My Hair Loss Blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2920

1st Hair Transplant: FUT/Strip, Dr. John Diep. 07/14/2014.

# of grafts: 3577

1's: 897

2's: 2016

3's: 451

4's: 213