My WHTC + Dr Mwamba - 3585 grafts by FIT shaven 6months post op

This young patient, 29 years old of age , Norwood 5 in hair loss scale , with a strong family history of baldness came to see us to get full coverage from front to back .

Such surgery will require about 5000 to 6000 grafts .Because of the limitations of the usual donor area in FIT/FUE, we advised him to do it in two parts .During the first surgery, we will focus on the frontal zone and later on, in one year, we will address the back or vertex.

Because of his hair loss stage and the family history, we recommended him to follow our medical therapy protocol; it is a tritherapy based on combination of anti DHT (androgen modulator) plus anagen stimulators.

In this specific case, we only proposed anagen stimulators (the patient was concerned with the possible side effects of anti DHT):

1. LED therapy with the TRIWINGS

2. Help Hair vitamins and proteins

3. Rogaine foam once a day

Medical therapy purposes are to slow down hair loss progression, to improve hair quality characteristics (caliber and pigmentation) and in some cases to regrow hairs.

In this patient, we had a very good response and we postpone the next intervention in the vertex for later .Being on therapy allows him to avoid a second surgery now.

twvertex2.jpg

twvertexclose1.jpg

twvertexclose2.jpg

twvertex.jpg

With wet hairs, you can still notice hair thinning but the improvement is obvious

twvertex2.jpg

twvertex3.jpg

twvertexclose2.jpg

In frontal zone, we did 3585 grafts by FIT shaven .At this stage; we should be at 60 % of the final result. We are expecting more hairs to come in the following months.

We will illustrate the pictures of our surgical protocol from hair design to 6 months post op dry and wet hairs:

twvertex.jpg

twdonorarea.jpg

twvertex.jpg

RESULTS 6 MONTHS LATER

fhl1.jpg

fhlu.jpg

33311835.jpg

lp2t.jpg

lt2w.jpg

NOW WE WILL SHOW WET PICTURES

fhl1h.jpg

lp3r.jpg

lp4t.jpg

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

At 6 months he looks great. I love the intricate and very detailed markings on the donor and recipient areas too. Mwamba is very articulate.

Thank you Dr. Mwamba for actively participating and replying personally to the forum members and for the very honest(wet hair, bright lighting etc) photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Mwamba, are you using the Versi handle for FUE extractions currently or the J.C handle and punch? I want to add it to my database in my manual vs motorized thread :)