Will America ever again have a President with hair loss?

FDR had Class IV hairloss and was elected in massive landslides from 1932 to 1944; Truman was also Class IV and was elected to a second [first elected] term in 1948; Ike was a Norwood VI or VII and was elected twice in a landslide victory...Beginning with JFK, who had a thick mop of hair and barely even a mature hairline, the tendency to elect balding men to the White House began to decline.

Lyndon Johnson, who had a NW Class 3V pattern, elected in a landslide in 1964 over the more obviously bald Barry Goldwater, and Richard Nixon, who had a Class 3A pattern and who was elected in 1968 and re-elected in 1972 against men who had less hair than he, were the last men with cosmetically significant hairloss to be elected to the White House.

Gerald Ford, who became President upon Nixon's resignation in 1974, was a NW Class VI or VII, was not elected to office in his own right and was bested in the election of 1976 by Jimmy Carter, who had a good head of hair.

Carter in turn was defeated in 1980 by Ronald Reagan, who had no hairloss at all, and not even a mature hairline, despite being 69 years old when elected. GHW Bush, who had a more mature hairline, defeated Dukakis, who had a similar hairline in 1988, but was defeated in 1992 by Bill Clinton who also had a pre-mature hairline and a bushy head of hair.

Since 1976, in every election, the candidate with more hair has won. Will this trend ever reverse itself? Shall we ever again have a President with a less than full head of hair?

Edited by LookingToLearn

Bobman nice to see your comments. Its been a long time since I have seen you post. Is this correct that you now an advocate for two doctor ( Dr. Garbutt and Dr. Abramson). Although I wish you a lot of success I am confused by this. Your transformation is amazing and I feel only a few doctors would be able to do what you achieved. Its almost like selling Hondas when you drive a Ferrari.

Regardless good luck!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson