help with hasson and wong trip

Ok so Im going to have my ht with h&w on may 21st. I would appreciate any advice for my trip there. I'm only going to stay there for the two nights they will pay for. Is there a cheap way to get to their offices. I wont have much for spending so some cheap places to eat as well. Any places to see if im even able to walk around. What about the flight there? Thanks, any advice would be helpful. Im coming from orange county in california.

All the best for your surgery on the 21st of May you will be in good hands. On arriving in Vancouver you can take the train direct to Downtown, from there the hotel is around a 10 minute walk. You can walk from your hotel assuming you are staying in the Sheraton to the clinic but it is a 30-35 minute walk and I wouldn't advise this on the day of surgery it is a 5 minute taxi journey and you will be happy for the privacy and comfort after a long day in the chair.

There are many cheap places to eat as you will be in the centre, it all depends on what you like. As for the flights you can wear a loose fitting baseball cap on the way home.

You are more than welcome to email the clinic direct on info@hassonandwong.com to ask about places to eat etc, I am in the UK so I couldn't personally recommend anywhere but I ate fairly cheaply whilst I was there last.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for the advice. Do you happen to know the price for the train and taxi? Im on a real tight budget as i am putting nearly all my money for the procedure and leaving some to cover bills and expenses. I need to know almost exactly how much i will need for this whole trip so I can prepare enough.

If you are staying at the Sheraton and on a budget I would suggest eating elsewhere and don't consume anything they have available for you in the room. I drank two bottles of water thinking they were free and ended up being charged $9! There are plenty of good inexpensive restaurants on Davie street just a couple of blocks away from the hotel. Vancouver has some of the best sushi! Good luck with everything.

check your PM's

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I live in Vancouver and spend a lot of time helping Italians patients. Some patients find Vancouver cheap others find it expensive. Davie Street has a lot of cheaper restaurants. Many people like places like Cactus Club, Earls, Joeys and the Keg. All these place aren't cheap nor are they expensive. You can probably get away eating and having a drink for less than $20 plus its always full of hot women. As for Sushi there are a lot of place and price vary a lot. You can check out sites like dinerhere.ca and check them out. Send me a private email when you arrive.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I liked all the downtown food carts. They dont have those in Dallas, I guess because when it's a 105 degrees here in the summer...well people dont eat outside. I had the best grilled cheese ever from a grilled cheese food cart in downtown Vancouver.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks for all the help guys. I remembered my sister has some kind of thing for staying in hotels for free. I talked to her and she has about a week that I can use, so I should be able to stay there longer than I thought. I'll try to save up a bit more for food and stuff. I'm going to try and make the best of it. I've been saving up for this thing for 5 years now, planning it for longer. I have to save up for it because I co-signed for my sister's breast implants (ewww but whatever haha) and somehow she thought she paid it off, it went to collection and my credit went down the drain. My hair loss has definitely killed my confidence and killed my self-esteem. Been losing my hair since I was 16, so I never really got to experience "nice" hair since it thinned out at that age. I'm really hoping this is worth it, to at least give me confidence to not wear my hat anymore lol. I'm using all my money and going into serious debt :(.

@lorenzo I'll email you when I get there since I might get bored when I'm there post-op

• 1 month later...

First off, how did you sisters surgery go?? Any updates?? Haha J/K man.. One thing you need to be certain of is if you rent a car there, make absolute certain that you park in the correct parking garage. That mistake was made on my surgery day and our vehicle was locked in the garage the whole night and not one person in the darn city has a key to open it and so we got to experience the train ride that next morning. We were lucky enough that one of the nurses gave us a ride back to our hotel which was in Richmond. We stayed 4 nights total and I elected to have them pay for the Sheraton on Friday and Saturday night because I figured rates would be more expensive on the weekend. Best of luck to ya!