Help esp. Spex

mikeey

guys just joined this forum , have been reading it since 6 mnths , never posted , My question is specifically for spex , but I wud love to have inputs from all u guys , I am 36 yrs , receeding Frontal hairline , I am opting for a HT , But as I have seen technology evolving , I just wanted to know that shud I opt for FUE considering that Now we r getting good yeilds and density with it, OR shud I opt for FUT , I am looking for Dense packing / Density , pls advice , as i think FUE is really the way to go , but I dunno if larger areas give the desired density , BTW I need around 2000 - 2500 Grafts , BUT a bit scared of FUT , also i wanna cut really short somewhat like spex , advice pls guys .

If you're that worried about the FUT scarring, I'd consult with a reputable Doc that performs both procedures. That way s/he can recommend the course of action they think will work best. Depending on your density/coarseness; FUT shouldn't be a major concern if you go to a talented Doctor. Hell I have my hair slightly longer than I usually wear it (usually get it cut via scissor the tightest a stylist can perform) and my staples aren't visible.

If you have a decent donor area and want to preserve more for possible future HT, then FUT might be worth looking into.

The ones like myself who have had successful FUT (in terms of result and scar) will vouch for FUT.

The ones who have obviously had a bad experience with FUT will say go the FUE route.

Ultimately it's what you think is right for you based on research and consulting with the doctors. At least you've put 6 months in already which is good.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon