Concealers & "After Pics"

Shampoo

I was just curious. Has anyone ever heard of a clinic posting patient "after" pictures where it was discovered that the patient was using concealer?

I am almost at the 7 month post-op point and my hair is filling in nicely. I am not where I want to be yet, but I still have several months before my final results are in.

I use concealer to make up the difference until I get my final results. To be honest I am astounded at how well concealer works. Most people think my hair has completely filled back in and they have no idea I am using concealer. Most of my friends, co-workers, and family just think "wow your hair transplant had produced outstanding results".

I would think some shady clinics would be tempted to do this and was just curious if any had ever been busted doing this. BTW...I have no indication of any clinic every doing this....but after seeing my own journey I would think it could be very tempting.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Shampoo,

I've seen this done. Sometimes if I see a result that is suspect I'll download it and run it through a few processes in Photoshop to analyse what I'm looking at. It's not anything that can be proven unfortunately. Recently, I did see one result that was posted and I was surprised that no one chimed in on the use of concealer. It was very obvious to me but my eye picks up things that most eyes don't.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

What kinda of concealers do you use?

Nanogen!

Although I did order some Fibond today...just to give it a shot.

I am very happy with Nanogen, but it's pricey.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/ST-112/Nanogen-Nanofibres/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/product/121/Nanogen-Locking-Mist/

I don't use concealers today. However I did use them before I had my hair transplant. I agree they work astonishingly well. The problem is they can be addicting and once you see yourself with them it's hard to accept the way you look without them. Having said that I think that more people would be inclined to use them if they were simply referred to as "hair thickeners" instead of concealers. When you think about it, men have no issues using hair thickening creams or shampoos or any other haircare products which will thicken appearance of your hair. However because they are called "concealers", men are apprehensive to use them because they feel like by using them they're hiding something. While I do not think I need to use them today because my hair transplant results are dense enough it is always tempting to use just a little to make it look that much better. However I do not trust myself and once I start using them I feel like there will be no going back.

Bottom line I don't think there is anything wrong with using concealers as long as you remember to use a very small amount just to give you that edge in terms of density however you should not use so much that if the same person that saw you with it on sees you the following day without, its not obvious that you were using concealer.

This is off topic here but for what it's worth...

And by the way, they should never be used in HT after results being presented. This should be a given.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Can't decide I agree with you 100% about concealers working so well they are very addictive. I have sort of worried about the same thing. As to whether no matter how well my results end up after a year post-op....will I be tempted to enhance those results by using some concealer? I honestly don't know. I will probably try to wean myself off them after my full results are in.....but it's so hard when they basically can take ten years off your hairloss time-clock with a few shakes of the small little can!