FUE after exhausting FUT?

So I just had my second FUT. I was quoted with roughly 1,500-2,000 grafts remaining for a potential 3rd surgery. At this point, I have 2 FUT Scars. The second doctor made a new scar as he felt the first one was a bit too high to get the proper yield amount in the safe region.

So, if I get a 3rd surgery for say, 1,750, could I try and do FUE after the final strip?

I'm already considering doing beard (BHT) either into the scalp or scarline if needed.

Anyone have thoughts on this? What BHT for beard doctors are recommended for the US?

Yes, you can FUE after your final strip. I would stay away from body hair in the hairline. How many grafts was your second surgery? How old are you? After 2 surgeries, your hairline should be taken care of. I would try to relax and see what this surgery brings.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Well I have pretty fine hair and am a diffuse thinner.

I did 2200 grafts the first time around for the front 1/3 of my head. It gave me OK coverage but still fairly thin. The second surgery was for 2175 and covered hairline up to my ear range, so about 3/4 of my scalp (including temple)

My last surgery is approx around 1,750 grafts I'm guessing with scalp exercises. I'd use that to fill in the hairline in total and use beard hair possibly for crown OR scar repair as I have 2 FUT scars now.

Sounds like you may have poor laxity or low density in the donor.

Good luck to you and lets see what this restoration brings.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Kinda was looking at the same game plan will be interesting to see how it goes. I have same hair characteristics i think and have had on FUT procedure with Dr. Ron Shapiro so I hope he can do the most with the least, thats why i picked him. I would say follow Spankers advice and use all the possible scalp hair to finish up the final touches on the hair line and save BHT for your crown or thicken the result in the midscalp and possibly even hide some of the scaring...

You only live once...

Thanks guys for the (honest) feedback.

I'll definitely be utilizing a last FUT for thickening up the hairline to mid scalp. I'll travel to Dr. Umar if I have to for BHT transplant to thicken up the remaining areas. I have a good neck beard so that works in my favor

• 4 weeks later...