Hasson/Wong patients

Eagles2199

I flew from Texas to Hasson/Wong to have my transplant on Aug 14, 2012. From top to bottom it was a wonderful experience. Dr. Wong placed 4352 grafts. Dr. Wong was very nice and really cares about his patients. The procedure went very well and was virtually painless. The deep full time staff of skilled technicians is a great asset of Hasson/Wong. Currently I am six months out in the middle of the "waiting game". The Hasson/Wong office is new, cutting edge, very clean, professional, busy in a good way, and all the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Hasson/Wong is top notch.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I appreciate guys that post lots of photos, but I have not done so. It's a privacy issue, who knows maybe that will change down the road. For now you will just have my honest opinions and details of my experience.

Eagles they did shave me down down. About 10 days before my procedure I got a pretty short haircut so I could get used to it and my friends/family/co-workers would kind of see the transition coming. I think most doctors like to shave the patient down because they can see the whole picture better. I wanted to do whatever would help Dr. Wong create the best results. I was somewhat concerned pre-op about shave down, but it really became a non-issue. When you have a large procedure it just seems practical to bite the bullet and shave down for the procedure and the post op period.

Eagles I think Hasson/Wong are the best and that's why I chose them, but there are many great doctors who rank very high. My personal list would be Hasson/Wong, Rahal, Feller, Shapiro, Arocha. If you are looking for a mega-session I think Hasson/Wong and Rahal like to routinely push that envelope.

How large a session do you have in mind? How old are you? Are you needing front? mid?, crown? or all of the above? Are you on meds?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks for the response back. I'm 30, I was on propecia for a couple years and ditched the drug due to the sexual side effects. Im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have a high hair line that I brush down in bangs concealing a poor hairline from a prior procedure. I'm ok with keeping this hairstyle from here on out. Basically I want more density in the front third of my head. But, I fear the potential shock loss and making a bad situation worse. Also, I don't have the leisure of a 4 month vaca from work. I'm trying to do this without telling the world I had a HT! So the shave down scares me bc I rely on my long hair to hide the pitting, scars etc. I'm just trying to make an inform decision. Def a tough spot haha

I was on propecia for a couple years and ditched the drug due to the sexual side effects.

Eeek, can't take Finasteride! [cringe] And you've already had one HT so now you've got to stick with it or end up with a weird hair pattern when the rest falls out.... Ugh.

Well, you're in it now I guess.... I am too, though, and joyously so. I'm about 29.5 years old, and about to do my 2nd HT in about a month or so. I don't even bother to hide mine. I see myself as a work in progress; I slowly upgrade and customize my body like some people do to their cars. I just let it show, and let people watch me evolve. They never fail to be impressed and surprised at the positive results.

Eagles, before you plan for your HT procedure (FUT), make sure you do scalp laxity exercises atleast 2 months before the surgery. That helps a lot in going for a mega session to avoid any last minute surprises of having to go thru smaller session because your scalp does not support larger session. Good luck with the process.

Eeek, can't take Finasteride! [cringe] And you've already had one HT so now you've got to stick with it or end up with a weird hair pattern when the rest falls out.... Ugh.

Well, you're in it now I guess.... I am too, though, and joyously so. I'm about 29.5 years old, and about to do my 2nd HT in about a month or so. I don't even bother to hide mine. I see myself as a work in progress; I slowly upgrade and customize my body like some people do to their cars. I just let it show, and let people watch me evolve. They never fail to be impressed and surprised at the positive results.

I dig your outlook! I share a somewhat similar philosophy I just don't have the balls to let it all hang out, lol

I dig your outlook! I share a somewhat similar philosophy I just don't have the balls to let it all hang out, lol

I too not only dig both of your respective outlooks but I did the same thing. I think being open about it takes a lot of the pressure off during the recovery and if you have less pressure then you can enjoy the journey so much more. Good for both of you!

Eagles,

Yes, we do repairs, about 30% of our patient base actually. I'm a repair patient as well. You can see my blog linked below or go to my website, http://www.hairtransplantmentor.com.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians