"Attacking" SMP Straight On

Arrie

Ok guys and gals after various PM's and looking through many pics of SMP procedures I had to title an interesting thread name to try to get some attention to an issue I have been trying to solve in my head (not a safe place to be :eek:). I have been wondering how SMP looks like near the hairline when you are looking straight at a persons face that has had the procedure done. I am looking for more examples of the thickening affect SMP provides to people that have native hair in the frontal third or have hair transplanted in the frontal third. I have had a HT and am thrilled with the results but i knew this would be a 2-3 HT step process (minimum) to achieve the coverage that I wanted. I was looking at SMP, as the filler/in between treatment, between my first HT (8/07) and a possible future HT in the next year or so.

So I guess I'm looking for

1. Any pictures of a straight on "Face Shot" of someone that has had SMP

2. Any examples of hair styles that ARE NOT flat/shingling with SMP done

*** Temp SMP is what I would be doing FYI***

Thanks you guys are the bomb.......

You only live once...

Straight on - you won't be able to tell, especially on a thickening effect because you already have native hairs there at the hair line. I'll have few examples shortly. Like everything else we do at SMG, we take our time to make sure this technique is something we feel will benefit patients.

Arrie, I have used SMP in the crown to give a thickening effect. You cannot tell no mater what angle that there was work done, and no matter how closely you look at it. It's essentially like a permanent Dermatch effect, but much more refined. Upon very close inspection, the "dots" are so tiny they appear like stubble that is just beginning to grow. Like Dermatch, it helps to cut the contrast between skin and hair.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the replies.

Janna

I'm looking forward to those examples..... I have only seen top down shots of SMP.......

Hairthere

Thanks for your input but like i said i would love to see some examples of it. I think its ideal for the crown as a filler due to the angles people will see it at. i am not saying that i don't believe it can accomplish the same illusion in the front 3rd, but I still have yet to see any pics that can put my doubts to ease..... Hope all goes well..

Love to see some examples.... Spex, Janna, Mrs. Lardi or anyone else that is in the practicing field.......

You only live once...

• 3 weeks later...
Bump...

SMP right out in front at the hairline? The artist better be damn good. Even then, no matter what anyone says, any type of tattoo inks fades. I am not an expert in SMP, but I do have a lot of japanese ink on my body. :)

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

SRK735 I am anxiously waiting......

Moopookoo, great name by the way, the length should supposedly not be a factor... But many will argue that. You can have your hair longer like i do, and hav ethe "thickening" affect or short buzz cut for the "buzzed" affect. I would love to hear more people chime in on this topic....

You only live once...

• 2 weeks later...
Here you go

I would really like to see somthing really close up. I think smp in the crown may have some value, but I am leery of smp right up at the hairline. How many times a year do you have to have touch ups. I pretty much hava yakugaza tats throughtout my body, so i know a think or two about tats. Every year tat /ink slingers claim there will be a perfect black, and a prefect white. Never happens quite so well the way as desribed/

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.