Will 5-10 more grafts per sq cm make a difference?

Generally speaking, if a patient has reasonably good density in their frontal third already and it is basically all transplanted hair at about an average of 54 grafts/sq cm and they then add about 5-10 grafts/sq cm to the frontal third in a second procedure bringing the average to about 60-62, will this make a substantial enough difference in density to warrent the use of these grafts?

If anyone reading this has taken this approach, I would love to hear from you.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

IMHO, after seeing literally thousands of examples of HTs over the past 34 years, it comes down to the quality of ones' hair and I am referring to the degree of caliber than anything else.

In essence, the higher degree of hair shaft diameter, the better visual coverage which includes the overall appearance of density.

With average to above level of hair caliber, anything over 50FU per cm2 is not going to make that much of a visual difference. As was mentioned, this is where donor management becomes far more critical than gaining higher densities.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

"this is where donor management becomes far more critical than gaining higher densities."

Sound advice. It's all these brilliant piece of info that get lost.

This becomes really important if you continue to lose hair after your HT.

What was one a shining example of modern miracle science, now looks like a deforestation