Need Advice

Hello! I am a 43 year old male and I have been losing my hair for about 3 years now. I recently decided that I want to go through with a hair transplant and I have been trying to gather as much research as possible regarding the procedure. I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Yazdan at the Modena Hair Transplant Institute in Irvine, Ca. for a few days from now. What are some good questions to ask and what should I look for? What is considered a reasonable price per graft for the strip and FUE method? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

ask him if your donor density is good, tell him that you wish to plan for future baldness, future surgeries, ask him if he has pics of people with your type of hair loss be4 and after pics, price wise i think4-5$ a graft is good for strip, and 8-9 for fue,, those are both coming from top docs in nyc area, also if you live in california and wish to have fue i would look into dr umar, haven't heard much about the doc you were talking about

good luck

John,

You may find this article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog helpful.

Questions to Ask Your Hair Restoration Surgeon prior to Hair Transplant Surgery

You may also wish to consult with a few more quality surgeons before making your decision. Click here for a complete listing of all the hair restoration physicians in CA we recommend. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

FUT normally runs about $4 to $6 while FUE runs about $6 to $10.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hello! I am a 43 year old male and I have been losing my hair for about 3 years now. I recently decided that I want to go through with a hair transplant and I have been trying to gather as much research as possible regarding the procedure. I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Yazdan at the Modena Hair Transplant Institute in Irvine, Ca. for a few days from now. What are some good questions to ask and what should I look for? What is considered a reasonable price per graft for the strip and FUE method? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Siporin, Reed, De Yarman, Diep, Umar, Moehbi...go see them all!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks everyone! I went for my consultation today and it went really well! Dr. Yazdan showed me some pictures and a video about the procedure. I found the video on youtube if anyone wants to take a look, it's really informative:

I was really happy with everything at this doctors office but since it was still one of my first appointments I think I want to go to another consultation. I was looking into Dr. Zeiring. I'll look into the other doctors that 1978matt has suggested too, and make a decision from there! Keep you guys updated. Thanks!