Dr Bisanga 4800 FUT - 4 month update

Modenese

Hi Guys

4 month mark to the day for me - 4800 strip procedure by Dr Bisanga in Brussels.

My original post from October 2012 is here.

And here I am at the 4 month mark.

It's been a stressful 4 months. I really reacted badly to shockloss, enough to make me regret doing the entire procedure. Despite reassurances, I felt that the hair would never grow back and that I was scared for life. I was one of those people that was 'should-I-or-shouldn't I' regarding a HT, and simply considered shaving it all off. I have an aversion to hospitals and doctors generally, so I guess this kind of reaction is understandable.

In the event I've healed quite nicely, with some healing left to do I guess.

The last week or so has been different though - I just can't stop smiling. The growth has finally started to kick in, and there's not really any sign on the scar I've had anything done unless you lift the hair. The right side is amazing, the left side is good but there may still be some shockloss there which is fading. For some reason, I had massive shockloss on the left when compared to the right.

But like I said, I can't stop smiling. Or looking in the mirror.

To think I've only started growing in the past 2 to 3 weeks, and have loads to come, is just great.

Overall very pleased with Dr Bisanga and don't regret the choice, but will reserve final comment for October 2013 when I will assess final results (I would class myself as being difficult to please). BHR have good aftercare, which is something we should all think about when choosing a doctor.

I've just got back from the hairdressers - so my hair is really short in the photos below.

combo.jpg.6c188d9efb8a07611e9e21182f38da79.jpg

front_camera2.jpg.935456b4f9fcc14ef7f726a1ecaa3557.jpg

left.jpg.25d0d0e6fd663b0b49529358bfd6baee.jpg

rear.jpg.7eadd108add108e05175e5c5dd66dcf1.jpg

right.jpg.b1fbbdd108a6170223364b7da16a9844.jpg

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos

@Bonkerstonker: Thank you. Not enough guys photograph the donor area in my view. Your photo at 4 months (showing the donor), where you still have shockloss evident, helped to reduce my anxiety a lot as I could see you got a great result in the end.

4800+ grafts, Dr Bisanga, Brussels, Oct 2012

My Photos

Modenese,

The most difficult phase is the first four months- no doubt about it. It is even harder to deal with if you have shockloss as it can make you look worse in this period than you did pre-op.

I had it happen to me. There are lots of examples of guys that have been in this position, and 2-3 months later, their outlook has completely changed.

You are at the time now where it should start to take off in the following months. Stay positive and keep us posted. Glad to hear that the growth is starting to come.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Modenese,

Well done on reaching the 4 month mark and great to see you smiling, thats what its all about at the end of the day, you deserve a great result having endured a tough couple of months, the summer is gonna be fun for you.

p.s.cracking profile pic too , hell yeah!!

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )