Any way to "tame" the wiryness of HT Hair?!

Hi Guys, this ones for all you HT Vets out there!

I'm now just a week off of 6 months since my own HT. progress has been slow but noticeably encouraging, and I'm now getting into the phase where the changes are becoming more apparent, more quickly. Since my last set of photos 3 weeks ago, for example, I'm definitely seeing improved density/coverage.

One symptom I absolutely cannot yet shake however is the crazy wiry and wispiness of the new hair! It's uncontrollable and has a mind of its own! While its integrating well amongst my native area, the front fringe line still looks erratic.

I wondered if there's anything that can really be done, or is this just "normal" (even at this stage) and I just have to sit tight? I don't really want to go putting styling products in that area just yet, as it will completely wreck the texture/little density that's there, and create a weird gappy area again! It's still gonna be a while yet before I can get away with that I think.

Cheers everyone....

Yes, I applied body lotion to the recipient area and new hairs just before bed and leave it overnight. This has softened both the wiry hairs and softens the scalp to make it easier for the hairs to push through as they are growing.

Noticed a big difference with days. I'm now at 8 months and have stopped applying the lotion as my hairs are no longer wiry now they are growing out and the old wiry part has been cut off when having my hair trimmed.

Hope this helps

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi Guys, this ones for all you HT Vets out there!

I'm now just a week off of 6 months since my own HT. progress has been slow but noticeably encouraging, and I'm now getting into the phase where the changes are becoming more apparent, more quickly. Since my last set of photos 3 weeks ago, for example, I'm definitely seeing improved density/coverage.

One symptom I absolutely cannot yet shake however is the crazy wiry and wispiness of the new hair! It's uncontrollable and has a mind of its own! While its integrating well amongst my native area, the front fringe line still looks erratic.

I wondered if there's anything that can really be done, or is this just "normal" (even at this stage) and I just have to sit tight? I don't really want to go putting styling products in that area just yet, as it will completely wreck the texture/little density that's there, and create a weird gappy area again! It's still gonna be a while yet before I can get away with that I think.

Cheers everyone....

I'm at exactly the same stage, with the wiriness you describe. Did you try the lotion that Rob suggested, and did it make any difference?

My hair was very wavy even at 9 months but eventually matured and settled down which was better in that it is more managable now. However the downside is that as the wavyness goes, so does some density. I would say I lost about 10% in terms of visual density simply because I lost the wavyness as the hair matured and not because I lost actual hair.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452