Help me please!

Hello, Ever since I was born I had a bald spot on the left side of my head. This bald spot usually caused me to shy away for most people. I always get picked on in high school over this issue. I am now 20 and in college and am deciding to resolve this problem. Which would be the best way to solve this. It is about 2 inches long. I shall post a pic of it.

IMAG0487.jpg.5765bcc9bb2aa8ecb25f66581c30a6f6.jpg

Hello, Ever since I was born I had a bald spot on the left side of my head. This bald spot usually caused me to shy away for most people. I always get picked on in high school over this issue. I am now 20 and in college and am deciding to resolve this problem. Which would be the best way to solve this. It is about 2 inches long. I shall post a pic of it.

You came to the right place. That should be a fairly easy fix. Do plenty of research and pic a good doc. You'll need a transplant. Probably fue of around 800 grafts but that is just a guess. Maybe less and that hair will be angled down.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You came to the right place. That should be a fairly easy fix. Do plenty of research and pic a good doc. You'll need a transplant. Probably fue of around 800 grafts but that is just a guess. Maybe less and that hair will be angled down.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for the advice. For a procedure like fue how much would it probably cost? Is it expensive? How long does it take for results to happen?

Probably somewhere in the $6-8 per graft range. You would see the full results within about 12 months but I suspect that you would be pretty happy after 6-8 months.

Was that just a genetic bald spot or was it caused from an injury? It looks like you have a scar there.

Good luck! Like Spanker said, should be a pretty easy fix.

Brady,

Have you ever had the alopecia diagnosed? Like BadBeat said, it would be a fairly easy area to properly address, but you should figure out what's causing the alopecia first, and if surgery is even indicated.

I'd recommend an appointment with a dermatologist or hair loss expert to have it evaluated.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Great advice from the above members!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!