How do you measure time post-op?

Say for example, you have surgery on Friday January 1st...

do you tick off one month when it is the 1st of February?

Or do you tick off a month 4 Fridays later?

I had my surgery on the last Friday of July. If you go by the actual date, I'm a few weeks away from 6 months post op. However, Friday to Friday, I'll be 6 months in two days time.

So, do I celebrate the landmark 6 months with a beer on Friday night or do I have to wait til the 27th for the 6 month celebrations?

(I'm not actually going to celebrate. It's more to recognise where exactly I am on the post op timeline)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I had mine on the last day of July, which I count as day zero. So for me, the 1st of every month is my "anniversary."

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I knew it! I'm never listening to Mother again...

On the plus side, I just gained an extra 3 weeks :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Do you mind posting pictures of your pre and post operation?

No sorry, my very close friends know but apart from them - I'm not at the age where I feel comfortable exposing my hair loss woes to the world.

Happy to try and help any queries you have though. For the record my hair is looking good and I'd recommend Dr. Feller until I'm blue in the face :cool:

• 3 months later...