thick crusts/scabs of skin peeling

I had my MT done 10 days back. I see my skin on recipient area became whitish color and thick crusts formed in patches (multiple hairs into one block). I am not pulling them off. However, I am little concerned that it may take down my grafts when it falls off as it is very thick. Is that normal to have thick crusts or scabs in the recipient area?:confused:

It is normal to have crusts, and have some white appear on the grafts as well. It turns white because the scalp is very dry and once water and moisture touch the scalp it creates puffy white dots. It can also turn white because of soaps. There is nothing to worry about that. At 10 days you can gently remove your scabs after soaking your head for 10-15 minutes in warm water. After that amount of time you can brush them off but do not scratch. Most of them will fall off at that point, but you may need one more day and one more shower to get the rest out.

Also note that you will see hairs shedding at this point, and that is completely normal, as all of them should be gone in the next 2 weeks.

Nothing to worry about.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians