2 consultations on Friday

cubic997

Hi all hope everyone had a good new year celebration!

so on Friday I have 2 consultations booked for some free advice

the first one is with

London Hair Transplant Clinic | Our world-class surgical team consists of fully trained doctors and technicians

london hair transplant clinic.....has anyone used them and can advise...? I dont know who I am seeing just yet there.

the other is with Transform medical group and a lady named Astrid, I have heard some not so good about these people however... again can anyone advise

These are my first consultations so wish me luck thank you all!

I did a quick search on here and the LHTC is bad news. I haven't looked for Transform but suspect it is a similar story.

If I were you I would cancel both and book a meeting with Farjo.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi all hope everyone had a good new year celebration!

so on Friday I have 2 consultations booked for some free advice

the first one is with

London Hair Transplant Clinic | Our world-class surgical team consists of fully trained doctors and technicians

london hair transplant clinic.....has anyone used them and can advise...? I dont know who I am seeing just yet there.

the other is with Transform medical group and a lady named Astrid, I have heard some not so good about these people however... again can anyone advise

These are my first consultations so wish me luck thank you all!

The only recommended HT doctors in the UK are the Farjos up in Manchester although they appear to have a long waiting list even for consultations. They charge ?95 for a consultation with either of them in Manchester and ?125 in Harley St. Seeing one of their 'patient coordinators' is free, though. Transform doesn't have a good reputation for cosmetic surgery in general and tends to adopt a hard sell approach, so be wary. A number of guys on the network have reported good results from London Hair Transplant Clinic but they have a habit of training lots of doctors and hair techs, so quality assurance can be an issue. When you see them, try to find out who would actually be doing the procedure and I think you'll find that they dodge that issue. You'll also find that HT in the UK is expensive!

matt I think your right I read up on lhtc on here and no one has anything positive to say about them, I also read on the internet about transform and heard they aren't very good.

Yes I have been considering Farjo, however a lot of people say "go abroad" I just want to know if farjos work is good

is there anyway I can see his work on this website as his official doesn't have much of his work on there...

thanks

postdoc, thanks for your reply jeez a waiting list for a consultation thats gonna be another headache, so in the UK the typical cost of grafts is ?5-6 per graft how does this compare to other places...?

london hair transplant clinic I will quiz them as much as possible

postdoc, thanks for your reply jeez a waiting list for a consultation thats gonna be another headache, so in the UK the typical cost of grafts is ?5-6 per graft how does this compare to other places...?

london hair transplant clinic I will quiz them as much as possible

5-6 GBP is really expensive if that's for FUT rather than FUE. There shouldn't a waiting list for consultations with the Farjos' patient coordinator, so he'd be a good start. He also pops op on this forum quite regularly, which is always a good sign. The good, non-UK, European doctors are mainly based in Belgium. Feriduni, De Reys, Bisanga and Devroye are the names to look out for. They're all cheaper than the 5-6 GBP per graft you were quoted. If you're prepared to travel further afield, I'd personally recommend Hasson & Wong in Vancouver.

cubic997,

Run a search on UK clinics and you will find if you research long enough that they need to be avoided. They cannot be trusted with your money and your hair.

I would consider sending pictures to a number of well known clinics abroad.

I am a UK repair patient after two poor surgeries in England, and finally got repaired by Dr Feller in New York as do a lot of others.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

thanks for your replies, I think that is reassuring if someone posts in an open forum from farjos clinic, like you said the cost could be big though if going abroad is the best option belgium would be the best option however i am not gonna count out farjo first

Chris dave sorry to hear your misfortune with the 2 bad ht's over here do you mind me asking who did them?

I had mine done about 4 and 7 years ago.

They were FUE clinics and Norton but the list is considerably longer than that for bad Uk clinics.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I thought I would add that you should also consider sending your pictures to or have a consultation with Spex in person in the Uk as he has helped countless UK patients. He was very helpful to me.

You can mail him on here or his website is http://spexhair.com/

I will do thank you I think gaining as much information and advice is the way to go, I have heard Spex is one of the veterans of HT to get advice from again thank you for the help and the link you posted,

Don't do it! Go abroad to one of the top ones...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Have to say I agree with the above.

Either go to Belgium or take a flight across the Atlantic

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon