10 months in, considering a new doctor

jamdean

Hello all,

I got 1400+ grafts a little over 10 months ago. I want to get another one done, but I'm unsure if I should go with the same doctor. Looking at my pics, did the doctor do a good job? His prices were too low to resist, but I feel that another doctor would've gotten more coverage with the same amount of grafts.

Your opinions are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by jamdean

Hi Jam,

Here's a list of our recommended hair restoration physicians. Additionally, make sure to wait a full 12 months before undergoing a second procedure. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello all,

I got 1400+ grafts a little over 10 months ago. I want to get another one done, but I'm unsure if I should go with the same doctor. Looking at my pics, did the doctor do a good job? His prices were too low to resist, but I feel that another doctor would've gotten more coverage with the same amount of grafts.

Your opinions are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

From your pics I think you got a very good yield. I'm surprised though that your doc only recommended 1400 given your level of loss.

Thank you for the list HT. Slickers, thanks for that. I was u sure if the yield was enough. He recommended 2500, but I kept seeing all these pics of people with 1500 on a Norwood 3, so I went for that.

But if you say it looks good, I'll stick with the doc. Any other opinions are appreciated!

There's certainly an improvement. 1400 in that area doesn't seem a lot, caveat that with it's difficult from a few pics and you have good hair characteristics but it seems to have made a nice cosmetic difference. Some concealers would do wonders for you I reckon.

How's the scar, you happy with it?

There's certainly an improvement. 1400 in that area doesn't seem a lot, caveat that with it's difficult from a few pics and you have good hair characteristics but it seems to have made a nice cosmetic difference. Some concealers would do wonders for you I reckon.

How's the scar, you happy with it?

The scar is really well actually. Thats the one thing that I am completely satisfied with. I can wear my hair very short and it doesn't show.

I agee. That coverage and density is about right for 1400 grafts. You needed more like 2500.

I'm going to get 2000 grafts on my second one. That way I can fill it in and lower my hairline a bit. Think that will be enough?

Believe it or not, a finger width will use up many grafts. For every 1 cm a hairline is lowered, it eats up about 1500 grafts.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

OH absolutely get a new doc. A good doctor should have been able to do wonders with 1400 and your hair type. Don't lower the hairline, not worth it and you will never be able to keep up

Yeah, everyone I've chatted to about this says keep the hairline. But I've received mixed feelings about the grafts. Some say it's good coverage, while a few others say that for 1400 it's not that good. I'm conflicted. The guy is so cheap compared to others that it's hard to decide.

Edited by jamdean