Looking to set the date this week

FUEsday

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Explain to me how that is not true, and have you ever had staples or stitches?

I'm not smart enough to explain it. Go back and read the whole thread. It's been explained. Trust me, top notch surgeons are using staples and its not for short cuts.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Shampoo, looking at your procedure dates I see that you had a small procedure a while back and then a mega session recently. Did the first procedure have a big impact on the available donor left?

FUEsday....when t I met Dr. Wong in August 2012 he said I had plenty of donor hair, so I assume the first procedure did not impact the donor hair for the second procedure over a decade later. In fact Dr. Wong told me the day after my surgery that I still would have plenty of donor hair for a third procedure if I need one. I want to wait a couple of years at least and see the full results of this latest surgery. I would say it would be about 50/50 chance I get one more procedure. Of course each patient's denisty, hair pattern, and donor hair varies greatly, so just because I had plenty of donor hair doesn't necessarily mean you will.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

FUESDAY,

Hope you can get a laugh out of my username. I wanted to join this site to commend you for standing up to the bullies on this forum. You are professional in your poise despite the efforts of others to get under your skin. Trust me, from afar, you look like the bigger man.

I have followed your posts on hair loss help and really appreciate having the input of a pharmacist about the medicines we are all taking for this terrible disease! I have continually seen the pharmacist position named one of the most respected occupations, which legitimizes your intentions. You are truly a respected member of the hair loss community and I know myself and many other members appreciate your input. Please continue to share your experience and knowledge!

Guys,

Just a quick reminder to keep things civil. While we always encourage healthy debate and scientific discussion, we also won't tolerate any hostile or inappropriate behavior.

Furthermore, if anyone truly feels like they are being "bullied," please send me a private message and I'll make sure to go through and moderate accordingly.

Thanks.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Shampoo

When you went to Dr Stough in 1996 he was too notch!! He's still good he's just very very conservative.

Yes NEWHAIR Dr. Stough is an impressive guy. He's written books on hair transplantation. His Dad was one of the early pioneers of hair transplantation.

His honesty is something I admire. I was at a Saturday morning "seminar" he held in Dallas in the late 1990's where he spoke to a group of guys interested in hair transplants. The room was packed....I am actually surprised more doctors dont use this method as a part of their marketing. Other doctor specialities do it often. Anyway...so at the end of the one hour seminar those that wanted to, spoke with Dr. Stough and let him look at their scalp for a moment. I would say out out of the room of maybe 25 guys Dr. Stough told twenty of them he would not operate on them at this time. Some he felt were too young, some he thought had a "leaky bucket" pattern and it would be too hard to predict future loss.

Yes Dr. Stough is very conservative in his approach, and that's the main reason I decided on Hasson/Wong for my recent surgery. I wanted someone that kind of pushes the limit as far as session size and someone that attacks the crown. Dr. Stough prefers small sessions and really doesn't like doing much to the crown. The other thing I didn't like was when I showed up on surgery day Dr. Stough was not the main doctor who did my surgery. Dr. Stough oversaw one of his younger doctors do my transplant. It turned out ok, but I didn't appreciate the surprise. I am older now and if that happened today I would not allow it too happen....but again the results turned out well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Thanks for all the support. Just wanted to follow up with you all and let you know I am having a procedure tomorrow (1/15) with Dr. Beehner in Saratoga springs NY (FUSS). I will be posting some updated photos along the way!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the support. Just wanted to let you know I am having a procedure tomorrow

Best of luck.

My experience with Dr. Beehner was great. I chose him because I had seen his work in person and it was undetectable that anything was done. I also never felt confused or persuaded by advertising. His consent form was also straight forward with no contradictions to previously discussed details like other clinics. I would recommend anyone considering hair restoration request a copy of the consent form prior to the procedure, and if the clinic disagrees that should be a red flag. Some will put a "gag order" on you where you cannot post your experience online without the clinics consent without legal consequences. Others will contradict guarantees that they promised you and not stand behind their results.

I arrived at about 7:30 am on Tuesday and was able to discuss goals and planning with the Dr. for about 30 minutes. At no time did I feel rushed as I had with other clinics. I was the only patient that day so I had Dr. Beehner's full attention, which again is not the case in other clinics. This was the first time a Dr. actually looked at my hair under a microscope to determine whether my hair had miniaturized. Luckily , outside of the crown, he saw minor evidence of miniaturization and thought the hair would last a while with the aid of medications. He also was able to determine the density and caliber of my donor region (high, coarse), and assured me that I had plenty of donor for multiple procedures. This was contradictory to what I was told by Dr. Rahal, but consistent with what Dr. Distefano told me. Dr. Rahal told me my donor hair was below average to weak. Possibly it was just the way my hair fell that day, but anyhow, good news.

Dr. Beehner was also surprised that my FUE procedure had not worked out based on my donor characteristics. We agreed to do an experiment where he extracted 10 FUE grafts, and was successful in removing and implanting 10/10 grafts. He said the follicles came out as expected, almost perfectly straight beneath the root. This was surprising, and made me happy and disappointed at the same time.

Although he could have successfully performed FUE, I agreed that FUT was the right choice for my first procedure based on the amount of coverage I needed. The doctor was able to extract 2000 grafts, everyone dissected and implanted under a microscope, which turned out to be about 5000 hairs (should be a phenomenal improvement). However, he only charged me for 1800 grafts as this is what we discussed before the procedure! He sutured my scar up tightly and said I had good laxity so expected a thin scar! So far it is barely detectable to my family if it weren't for the sutures.

I would like to thank the entire staff of amazing technicians and the Dr. for a great experience, and I would highly recommend the Saratoga hair restoration clinic to anyone considering hair restoration. The staff will make you feel comfortable and take great care of you. The Dr. is extremely thorough, ethical, and talented, and stands behind his results 100%.

FUEsday,

Congratulations! So glad to hear this worked out for you. I hope you'll continue keeping us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congrats on getting this done. I'm not sure if this was covered, but are you on finasterside for your crown, top of head? I have been on it for a couple of months and already noticed an improvement which I hope will continue. I also had a fut on the 15th. Happy growing!