When can a HT Go bad??

You have done your research , you have chosen the right doctor , the doctor does no wrong , yet you do not get the results you want - Under what circumstances does a HT Fail - before doing a HT ,are there any check ups / blood tests etc which can point out that a HT might fail??

I think it comes down to the individual and your own physiology. I'm looking good for 5 months post op, but I know if things don't go as I hoped, it wont be my doctor's fault. It will just be down to my hair characteristics and how I've healed.......I think the doctors can only do so much, the luck of the individual plays a part.

I may be wrong though.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I think there are rare situations where a patients transplanted hair just really doesn't grow. That's pretty rare though. I think the bigger risk is that you get with an unproven surgeon who ends up giving you a very weird and unnatural looking hairline.

There could be other factors involved. It's not necessarily the doctor's fault.

The results from my 4th surgery weren't as good as I'd hoped. I'm convinced that a major reason that the hair didn't regrow as thick as I wanted, was because about 3 months after surgery, I started taking a weight loss medication -adipex.

I lost roughly 30 lbs in 2 1/2 -3 months. That's a pretty rapid loss. In addition, I wasn't taking supplements like I should have. I'd also read that about 2% of the people that used the drug, experienced hair loss as a side effect.

I'm pretty much convinced that I made a poorly timed decision to use the medication and that it was a major reason that the hair transplant wasn't as successful as I'd hoped.

Having your blood tested is a very good idea. For instance, if you're deficient in iron, that's going to play a role in your hair loss or regrowth. Like a lot of people on this board, I'm a proponent of taking supplements. At the very least, I'd suggest a multivitamin.

Edited by steve0580