When is it OK?

i could wear a cap/hat after 7 days for short periods, after 14 days you are good to go though.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

You can wear a hat immediately post op as I did with my procedure with Dr. True. However, for the first week or so it should be worn loosely and also the baseball cap type that puts most the pressure on the forehead and not resting on top of the grafts.

After 10 days the beanie would be safe as your grafts are firmly in place, I'd imagine a beanie would put some pressure on the recipient site but after 10 day mark your safe.

Dr true put one on me as I left the office and I strolled around NYC with abs no issues at all

Technically, a hat can be placed directly after the procedure, but make sure it is worn down further on the face, with the majority of the weight resting on the forehead and not on the grafts.

I'd wait until the 10 day suture/staple check up and ask about wearing a beaning along the donor region.

Additionally, remember that the grafts themselves "anchor" between post-op day 7-10, and you're not likely to dislodge them after this point in time.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.