Bosely

jcpylon

Short answer is absolutely not. I dont know where to start since there are so many reasons. I suggest you do a search on this site for Bosley and you will read why.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I went to Bosely for a consult and met with a salesperson and not even a doctor. Read all you can on this site and meet with some ht doctors. I just had my ht done 10 days ago and I didn't go with Bosely. I went with Dr. Alexander.

There might be some Docs that do ok work at Bosley but I don't know of any. You have to wonder why any competent Doc would be working for a hair mill to begin with. Are they so inexperienced that they can not start their own practice or attract business other than the late night infomercial crowd? Is their work so suspect that they can not stand alone in practice? If I was going to let any Doc do work on me that didn't have his name on the door then it would have to be somebody that has worked with the guy with his name on the door for years. (*any name other than Bosley...)

Edited by StaggerLee123

I've been lurking around this board for quite sometime now and have seen at least half a dozen cases of guys wo got butchered by bosley. Like others have stated, there might be some decent docs at bosley but you'll never know who your going to get. Stay away.

I too started with a Bosley consultation and got no facts about the actual surgeon who would do my procedure since I only met with a saleswoman. Thank god I found this sight right after that consult.

There may be decent Bosley surgeons but you have no idea who will be cutting into you before you get there. Also, they are way more expensive than other, better doctors, partly because you are helping to pay for their huge advertising and marketing budget.

All very valid points as to why one should not go to a hair mill. Some docs get their entry into surgical hair restoration with large hair mills because they are new to the field and not established. Then, over time, many of them move on.

Hair mills are notorious for playing musical chairs on the day of one's procedure. You never know who is actually going to do the procedure until you arrive. Unfortunately, many new patients simply go along with it or they are not informed of the switch in docs until they are medicated with valium! :eek:

As a reminder, the former Medical Hair Restoration (MHR) was acquired by Bosley several years ago. Buyer Beware! :confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY