Fue surgery best price, noob here

Hi new to forums so please be kind if I posted in wrong area. Im a 36 year old puertorican male with curly thick hair when I was younger. For about 10 years now I have dramatically thinned and receeded to I believe about norwood 4. I have receeding hairline general thining on top, and small bald spot in crown and I have bad mild scalp pimples in crown which doesn't help my balding. I have bad credit and not tons of money but wish to start researching a fue transplant. Anyone have ideas of who does relatively cheap or cheaper hair restoration. I know a good transplant cost money but am I realistic to find a great place that doesn't cost a fortune. notice groupons every so often but more for a fut procedure and I don't want that scar, Im in Az but have no problem traveling to get a great transplant at a great price. Do waiting list or backup list exist to reduce price?

The scar has been no worries for me and many people, so don't rule FUT out because of that. FUT is also cheaper too.

It's good you're willing to travel!

I think the cheapest FUE is in Europe - Belgium, Spain. I think this is where the best FUE is and for the best price.

However for FUT (and FUE, but more expensive) the US has brilliant doctors..plus Canada. Have a look at the list of recommended doctors, send your photos and have an online consultation with them. You should also try and see some in person too for a better assessment of your needs.

Good luck!

Also, try and get on finasteride and minoxidil if you aren't already - these can help a lot to maintain and regrow some hair.

DON'T DO GROUPONS!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I used this site to narrow down doctors and was lucky to find a great one near me so I could avoid travel costs. I agree that you should not rule out FUT. The scar is not a big deal unless you plan on shaving your head. But if you were planning on shaving your head, why would you want a transplant, right?

Please don't use a Groupon to decide where to go for a procedure. I can't imagine that a Dr. that needs to use Groupon to get business has a solid reputation.

obviously I would never do a "bosley" procedure but I just heard so many horror stories of the scar being so big or noticeable. does the fut procedure yield a better result definitely the price is a lot more appealing but im just so nervous and confused that's why I joined this forum

obviously I would never do a "bosley" procedure but I just heard so many horror stories of the scar being so big or noticeable. does the fut procedure yield a better result definitely the price is a lot more appealing but im just so nervous and confused that's why I joined this forum

Fut in general yields better. I personally feel fut may give you a better yield, but there are many cases where fue can rival fut as far as yield. Fut is the standard at this point. However, the price is a factor for some, and fue can get pretty expensive the more grafts you need. Personally, my Scar has been a total non issue. You can't see it and you'd have to search for awhile before you could definitively find it. good luck to you on your journey, and definitely don settle for the "best deal around"

Fut in general yields better. I personally feel fut may give you a better yield, but there are many cases where fue can rival fut as far as yield. Fut is the standard at this point. However, the price is a factor for some, and fue can get pretty expensive the more grafts you need. Personally, my Scar has been a total non issue. You can't see it and you'd have to search for awhile before you could definitively find it. good luck to you on your journey, and definitely don settle for the "best deal around"

thanks any pics of your procedure and how much did you pay ?

The scar is not a big deal unless you plan on shaving your head. But if you were planning on shaving your head, why would you want a transplant, right?

That's what I thought. You will appreciate the option to go short, or shave as a contingency as you continue to bald, age, I think very much so. Stick to your guns about FUE and know that yield might be weaker, but that is the price. But I agree with the rest - don't skimp on price. I had a very cheap FUE first up. Over harvesting, inconsistent extraction patterns and transection were built into the price.

dont let price alone be the factor in your decision. a bad result from cheap surgery will be quite a waste and you will be more upset of going through a HT procedure. rather shave your head off. also FUT definitely is cheaper and for most people doesnt bother as longer hair will cover the scar, provided you always wear your hair longer than 1 inch. you can look for Turkey, India or Thailand for 'cheaper' prices at good quality