Highlights from the 2012 ISHRS Scientific Meeting in the Bahamas

Each year, the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) holds an annual scientific meeting to discuss the latest advances in medical and surgical hair restoration. This year, hair loss experts from around the globe convened at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas to share their skills, knowledge and experience.

While the publishers of this community were not able to attend this year's conference, we interviewed a number of recommended physicians to provide this community with their input on the meeting. These highlights have been presented on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

To learn what's new in hair restoration by expert hair transplant surgeons, visit "Highlights from the 2012 ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) Scientific Meeting in the Bahamas"

Topics discussed include follicular unit extraction (FUE) versus strip harvesting, hair duplication (autocloning), hair multiplication, Propecia and the possibility of ongoing sexual side effects, scalp micropigmentation (SMP) and more.

Physicians directly contributing to this article are:

Dr. Jerry Cooley

Dr. Jim Harris

Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich

Dr. Robert True

I hope you enjoy reading about these interesting developments.

All the best,

Pat, Bill, Dave and Blake

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dave,

Thanks for your help in interviewing physicians who've either attended or presented at the meeting in order to present the highlights to our community. I was particularly impressed by Dr. Jerry Cooley's clinical findings on hair duplication (autocloning). It appears he's having a lot of success when transplanting plucked hair with ACell into areas near healthy follicles. I'm looking forward to learning more about this and other advancements.

I encourage any member interested in any of these topics to ask your questions here. I will then encourage physicians recommended by this community to participate and provide their expert input.

Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Bill

Dave,

Excellent presentation! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

very interesting topics, i wonder if dr,cooley will continue the sucess rate in his auto cloning or plucked hairs treatment , this is the best chance we have for a added donor source .guys have any thoughts on this ,

Whether it is ACell + "plucking" or some sort of other partial FUE technique, I really think these type of procedures represent a lot of promise. I'm excited to see them evolve further!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.