Will Toppik work for me? (bald crown only - picture attached)

Hey guys,

Hoping to get some advice from experienced concealer users. I will be considering HT in the near future but meanwhile want to try out and see if a concealer will work for me.

My only problem is the crown and i'm wondering if Toppik or other concealers work well for it. From some of the posts here it sounds like there needs to be some hair in the balding area for concealers to work. Well I do have "some" hair - probably 10-15% left.

Anyway here's my pic - you be the judge!

Also ideally much much in advance of my HT should I stop using the concealer? (or do i need to stop at all?)

Thanks in Advance!

Roy

493102506_hairloss.jpg.b2292c70c26c085be8c24d220fc24fac.jpg

My opinion is that it may be too far gone for a concealer, UNLESS you are able to comb some hair that is flowing down the back, up over the crown while maintaining a natural appearance... Otherwise the concealer will be obvious.

No harm in trying though -- as long you are prepared to accept that it may not work. Get a bottle, try to adjust your hairstyle a bit, take a picture and post it up for some honest feedback.

• 1 month later...

I don't agree with the previous post- i've seen your pic and think you would be fine to use it. You still have hair on the crown for the toppik fibres to attach to- just try a little amount to see what difference it makes.

• 1 month later...

Roy,

Are you currently on any oral or topical medications?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

int he last few years I have become a toppik/ dermmatch ninja and toppik will work just fine for you, I would even experiment with a combination of dermmatch and toppik use...

If you comb the hair that is flowing down forward as the previous poster mentioned it will work even better.

however keep in mind under direct sunlight it will def look weird.

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 5 weeks later...
is it really possible to cover such a large bald area with fibers? just wondering. I have no experience with toppik or other concealers.

So long as you have some hairs to work with yes. Especially since it is the crown, it is even better since most people won't even give it a second look.

Don;t forget to lock the toppik in with some sort of spray.

However keep in mind your crown is pretty thin, it will progressively get worse in the next few years, and once you lose these thin hairs, toppik will not work any longer for you.

Good luck dude

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.