post op pimples

Hello,

I'm 5 weeks post op from my HT. I understand the pimples will occur between two and four months and can look fairly bad. My question is has anybody taken antibiotics during this time to seemingly bypass this phase?

Thanks for the replies

Why would you take antibiotics? This is a completely normal and natural phase of the recovery procedure. Plus, the affects that antibiotics have on your blood, killing in both white and red blood cells, I would never consider using antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. Not in this situation!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If the post-op pimples were in abundance than I would highly recommend that you contact your doctor to be sure something like folliculitis is not the source of those pimples.

Otherwise post-op pimples are really ingrown hairs coming through trying to make their way through the surface of the scalp and there is no need for antibiotics because they are not an infection.

Hope that makes some sense. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I must not have got what you all seem to be describing. I just got the odd yellow headed spot ("zit") which I popped, a bit of yellow and blood came out and then it was fine.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy,

Yellow coloring can be a sign of puss which can be a sign of infection. Yet you do not have any other complications and I trust that this is all subsiding now?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Thanks for your reply

I just had the occasional yellow headed spot/zit type (like what you get on your face) in the recipient area. One formed about a week ago and I decided against popping it, it disappeared on its own in a few days.

I don't think that's anything to be concerned about, is it? It doesn't seem to have caused any problems....what do you think?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

Thanks for the added feedback and no I don't think you have an issue with an infection or folliculitis because you would normally be seeing alot more of those yellow head pimples. And I bet there is no swelling or inflamation right?

Post-op pimples which have no infection do go away in several days just like yours did. Perfectly normal IMHO.

Gillenator